Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, February 18, 2017

A Different Hunkydory Card


I sure wish the picture on this one was better!  I needed a sympathy card so took a break from Hunkydory Christmas and tried another Hunkydory set - Flight of the Butterflies, Jeweled Edition.  

While I generally prefer to design my own cards, this set had some pre-designed cards that are particularly nice.  This card is a case in point.  It comes with the card base & everything you need.  There were several embellishments and I chose which ones I wanted on the card.  I also chose to highlight the gold foiling by using gold metallic ribbon to tie the card closed instead of the more tannish-gold ribbon they provided.  Other than that, I pretty much made the card as they intended.

I don't know that I ever would have thought to put a card together like this!  The card base is simply the back of the card with a narrow strip on the left side (as facing us) folded over, and the right side "clasp" that folds over on the right.  There is another strip of card stock that is a narrow strip with a clasp on it.  The row of butterflies on the left is a vellum piece that is attached to the left-side flap, and to the narrow strip of card stock with clasp. Border strips cover the joins and you end up with this beautiful card!  The vellum is translucent but because it is raised up a bit by virtue of the ribbon clasp, you can't see through it to the message inside!  I was VERY happy with this card!

There were four of these in the kit - in different colors.  I didn't take a picture of it, but I sent my Dad a similar card in brownish tones for his birthday, and I still have 2 more to make - one pink, one purple.  

No comments: