Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Use It Up - Stickers - White Flowers

I had a bunch of dimensional stickers from the Dollar Store and figured I might as well use them up.  I figured they'd make quick and easy focals for these covered notepads. (To see how to make notepads like this, check here.) 
My first attempt was matted on a turquoise mat that was cut and embossed with a Spellbinder's die.  It wasn't bad, but I decided it looked a bit plain.
I decided to try double matting.  This looked better, but was still a bit plain.
A double mat using a contrasting color was a bit better.

Then I started using fancier dies to cut the mat.  I LOVE this mat.  Though the finished product is still a bit plain, I love the decorative edge on the mat.

This one doesn't have much contrast, but I still like the way it turned out.  The solid turquoise mat against the embossed background looks pretty good.  The cream colored mat was cut with a die from a different set, and I like the contrast it gives. 

Here's a similar one.  The larger cream-colored mat makes a nice contrast for the smaller motif.

The blue and white one at the top of this page is done in a similar way, and I think I like it the best.  There I did a double mat with two dies that clearly weren't designed to go together, but I love the way they work together anyway.  The contrast between them and the way they pick up the lines in the embossed background really set the dimensional flowers off nicely.

Here is another one using a Spellbinders Fancy Labels die.  I just matted it on a turquoise mat, cutting close to the edge.  Simple, yet effective.
These last three are all done in a similar manner.  They are not only using up the stickers I wanted to finish, but also using some pre-cut frames that I got in a long ago kit that needed to be used.  The frames make a nice substitute for a mat.
 I love the shape of this one and it goes nicely with this particular sticker.
The faux stitching on this one pulls in the color from the flowers and the butterfly.

No comments: