Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spellbinder's Nestabilities - Fleur De Lis Squares

Today's cards feature Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Squares Nestabilities - another set that I really LOVE.  Once again they feature a lovely lacy edge that really sets off a card nicely.

This first example demonstrates several techniques.  The main mat was cut from vellum.  Too often I forget about using vellum, but it can really add a nice touch.  In this case, the card base was a bit "loud" and the vellum toned it down nicely.  As you can see, I also used vellum to make a pergamano butterfly. The pattern is one that came from a pergamano template I got from Paper Wishes website.  I used Smooch inks to color it. The flowers are dimensional stickers from the dollar store, and the sentiment is an outline sticker.  If you look closely, you will see that there is a white frame layered on top of the vellum mat.  This is the "leftovers" from the mat you can see on the next card:
This is so pretty IRL, but it was very simple to make.  A mat cut with this die set, a couple of dimensional stickers from the dollar store, and a sentiment cut from adhesive-backed cardstock with my Silhouette.

Here's another card made with a mat from this die set and a dimensional sticker from the dollar store.  The word "wish" was cut out of adhesive-backed vinyl with my Silhouette.  A gel pen was used for the rest of the sentiment, and a ribbon finishes it off.

No comments: