Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, June 3, 2012

Scrapbooking By The Numbers - 3

 Today we continue the series about "Scrapbooking by the Numbers" - because often the number of photos I want to put on a page helps to dictate the layout.  Today we're looking at some layouts using 3 photos and blocking techniques.  I often find with three photos that a combination of photo blocks and journaling blocks works nicely. For this first one you can see that I cropped the photos to focus on the subject.  I then arranged them into blocks - the second photo being 1/2 the size of the first and the third photo being 1/2 the size of the 2nd. A journaling block and title block taking up the rest of the space.

This page also demonstrates a couple of  fun techniques I like to use.
  • Title - putting the title on a blown up part of the photo. In this case, the title is backed by a photo of the water and grasses.  
  • Journaling - Because the page background was white, I felt the journaling block would look better with white writing on a dark background.  Of course, printers don't print in white, so I couldn't print onto a dark cardstock.  Instead, I created a "photo" that had a coordinating dark background (this is actually a blow-up of one of the photos - if you look closely, you can see a touch of the grasses in the upper left corner) and then added white text.  Now I can print that up just fine!

This page follows a similar blocking pattern, but the title and text are not quite as clearly blocked with the text printed directly on the background and the title overlapping the pictures. Layering an embellishment on an angle also adds some interest.

Sometimes I like to not only layer my title, but my photos as well.  You'll notice that in this case, the biggest photo is NOT the focal point, the photo that is layered on top of it is.  Layering the title on the largest photo helps to make it recede into the background.  Layering the focal photo on top of it (with a white mat) helps the focal stand out, but so does the much larger size of the lighthouse in the focal photo.

No comments: