Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Using Leftover Store-bought Cards

Do you have a bunch of odds and ends Christmas cards left over from the days when you sent out cards you bought in boxes?  If so, this tip is for you!  Use those cards as your card base for making your Christmas cards.  In this case, there was a sentiment in the center of all the greenery that I didn't care for.  So, I covered it up with a strip of red paper and then added a stamped focal (clear mini stamp from Inkadinkadoo).  Quick and easy card - and you even have a ready-made saying inside if you like it! (If you don't like it, just cover it up with coordinating paper and add your own.)

Tip: Don't have leftover cards? For an inexpensive card base, you can buy a box of cards at the dollar store and use them!

3 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Great idea! I actually cut apart cards I receive (not handmade ones) and use certain parts of it for cards whenever I need to make a quick one.

Patti B said...

Thanks for another great card idea. I make cards for myself, my mother-in-law and LeRoys biological mother. So I have lots to make and this would be a help.

pattipaperfun.blogspot.com

Becca Sadler said...

Your recycled card turned out fantastic!