Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Challenging Papers Part 3 - Dinosaurs!

Continuing with the idea of using up some of those more challenging papers, I took a look at this dinosaur paper from Hot Off the Press.  It came in a book with other papers that I wanted, but I don't have a lot of interest in or use for dinosaurs.  I think of them as something that a little boy might like - or perhaps a natural history buff - but I don't need cards for either at the moment.  How might I use this paper in another way?

I started thinking about the age of dinosaurs - perhaps this could be used for a birthday card that joked about someone getting really old.  I guess I'm getting to an age where age isn't a laughing matter, as that idea didn't really appeal to me. :D  But I DID take the age or era thing and run with it.  Here's what I ended up with:
The tags are pre-made from Hot Off the Press, and the "brads" are Jewel Dazzles from them.  I used scoring on the base card to form a bit of a frame, and corrugated a piece for the top. A quick cut around one of the dinosaurs gave me a little embellishment, and a small piece of satin ribbon finished it off.

1 comment:

Sam B said...

loving the challenging papers posts - you are doing a great job 'thinking outside the box' on these papers!