Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fun with Vellum Part 3 - In Her Own Words













Here is another way to use vellum on a scrapbook page.

My mother and I were working together on a Family History scrapbook.  We had a story my great grandmother had written in her own hand about a flood the family went through.  The paper, though in pretty good condition for it's age, really needed to be protected, so my mother fashioned this vellum envelope to keep the pages nicely in the scrapbook with the writing somewhat visible through the vellum.

Then we printed out a copy of her account and placed it next to the envelope so the story could be easily read.

2 comments:

pennyd said...

Hi Cheryl, yes, you take apart the velcro on the tee pee card and fold flat - it will fit in a 5x6 1/2" envelope. Glad you liked it!

Sam B said...

love this idea - I am stealing it! We have Pampa's chili recipe in his own hand, and some poetry Mama wrote, both on paper that really does need to be protected -- and I also have a small recipe book from my foster Mom that I treasure and this is the perfect way to handle it - thank you for sharing the idea, as I'd likely never have come up with such a pretty way to do it on my own, LOL!!