Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, September 26, 2011

Anniversary Window Card

Seems like I've needed several anniversary cards recently.  This one is made with a see-through window that shows a bit of the inside of the card.  Making window cards are SO easy when you use the right die cut and die cut machine.  Here I used a Spellbinders Nestability die and my Big Shot.  I simply glued the background to the card and then ran it through the machine.  The tricky bit is that I sandwiched it so the fold was on the side of my "sandwich" when I fed it through the machine: bottom of the card first, then the plastic plate, then my die facing up, then the card front, then the second plastic plate. 

Quick Tip:  If you want your die cut in a specific place, you can measure carefully (even drawing pencil lines you later erase to help if you wish), then place the die where you want it and fasten to the paper with painter's tape.  This keeps the die exactly where you want it, but removes pretty easily - with no damage if you're reasonably careful.

The rest of the card front was pretty easy:
  • Border stickers on the edges and around the cut-out frame (the Silver ones were Peel-Offs and the black was adhesive-backed vinyl cut on my Silhouette).
  • A black mat - also cut with the Spellbinders die & my Big Shot
  • An anniversary greeting outline sticker
This is what it looks like inside:
The image was stamped using silver on black and black on Silver. Both are cut in the same way and halves of each joined together.  An outline sticker finishes off the border.

1 comment: