Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, December 13, 2022

HD Peony Promise - Love Blossoms Part 2

Today I finished up this set.  It's about time.  I posted Part 1 back in May of 2021!  So, here are the remaining 4 cards made from the set and coordinating Little Book (LB) sets.  The materials I started with are posted in Part 1, so I won't bother posting them again here. 

And now for a closer look at each.  I've numbered these cards 8-11 because cards 1-7 are posted in the Part One post.

Card #8:

As you can see, this first one is a slimline. I started with a piece of the AS & then matted it on silver from my stash.  I cut a border strip from scraps from the die cut sheet and added a bit of silver ribbon.  The sentiment was from a Hunkydory LB of Essential Sentiments, and the butterfly was a sticker from my stash - complete with flight path from sticker scraps.

Inside:

Inside I simply split a border (die cut from the set) to make a border on either side, and stamped a sentiment (one of my Mom's stamps).

Card #9:

Next up I have an easel card.  The card base was embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder.  The pink dotted background AS (adoreable scoreable card stock) is from the set - as is the main focal die cut.  The silver is a frame die cut with a Spellbinders die from the set called Captivating Squares. The sentiment banner was from a HD Essential Sentiments Little Book.

It's held in easel shape when opened, by a die cut sentiment (HD Essential Sentiments) on foam tape.

Inside:

Two strips of patterned paper strips form borders on the inside of the card.  The flowers are fussy cut from a LB page.

Card #10:

This is a really simple card.  It started from a piece of the printed AS.  To this, I added a fussy cut sentiment and butterfly (from LB).

Inside:

A narrow border strip was pieced from leftover AS.  Fussy cut flowers & butterfly added to the border.  I finished the inside with a stamped sentiment (one of my Mom's stamps).

Card #11:

This card started with a piece of AS, but I ran into trouble with it and it took me awhile to figure out what to do.  To begin with, there were only flowers and a couple of butterflies in the lower left corner - the rest was the pink dotted background.  However, where the purple currently is, there had been a water-color type of light blue - that looked to me like sky.  Sky certainly didn't belong at the bottom, so I figured to put it in the upper right corner & add fussy cut flowers to the lower left edge so it wouldn't be so top heavy.  

After I got that put together, I realized that if I put it that way, the butterflies were UPSIDE DOWN!  But sky still didn't belong at the bottom, so I ended up fussy cutting it away & putting a purple patterned paper behind it.  Then I added a silver ribbon border & fussy cut sentiment from a LB page.

Inside:

The corner treatment was created using the remaining piece of purple patterned paper, a fussy cut corner of flowers & a butterfly from LB pages.  I stamped the sentiment using one of my Mom's stamps.

No comments: