Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, December 2, 2022

3 Swap Cards

Today I have three Swap Cards for the month of November - or rather, three cards that I made & one that my swap partner made!  One (above) is a "pie" swap card.  Of course, I had to be different & go with a "Pizza Pie".  The others are from a "I wood if I could" materials swap - WOOD in some form has to be included in the elements.  I'll start with the pie card, and then the two materials swaps.

Here's another angle on the pie swap card.

As you can see, it's a side step card.  Most die cuts are from a HOTP Kitchen Finished in a Flash set, but the pizza piece is not - and I don't really remember where I got it.  Also, the diamond background piece is Adoreable Scoreable card stock from Hunkydory.  

In case you can't tell from the picture, I have blue card stock matting the diamond patterned background on the left side, and blue on steps 1 and 3 with the diamond patterned AS on the middle step. The back step has an oven die cut. I stamped & heat embossed the message "it's a Party" (a mounted stamp - no clue who made it) onto a small rectangle of blue card stock - then glued it to the tag before adhereing the whole to the middle step.  The front step has a spatula/turner & the word "baking" - both die cuts. 

Inside:

A couple of leftover strips of the blue card stock form borders top and bottom on the inside - with another die cut from the Finished in a Flash set in the top left corner.

Picture of the card when closed for mailing:

Materials Swap - I Wood if I could - what I sent my partner:

Materials this time were so simple that I almost hesitated sending them - but I really liked the card I made and we aren't allowed to send materials that we didn't use on our own card.  All I included were an A2 card base & envelope, a piece of 5 x 7 white card stock, a piece of bark printed Adoreable Scoreable (AS - Hunkydory - from coordinating set for Woodland Wonder), and a page from Hunkydory's Little Book (LB) of Perfect Planet.  Though you can't see it in the picture, I also included a copy of the die cut I used ("hello" - die set called Stitched Rectangles - Dots & Stars from Crafti Potential).  I sure hope my partner likes what I sent.

Card I Made:

As you can see, I trimmed the LB page down quite a bit & matted it on white before adding to the background AS piece that was cut to leave a small border around the card front.  To this, I simply added my die cut message. 

Inside:

I added two more cute little badgers inside - leftovers from my trimmings of the LB page - along with a border of the wood & narrow white border of the card stock.

Here's what my swap partner, Carol, did with the same materials - I think she did a FABULOUS job!


 Materials Swap - I Wood if I could - what I received from my partner:

Card I Made: 

The main die cut is BEAUTIFUL,  I decided to arrange it so the "25" on the one wooded piece was  framed by it.  Then I matted the whole on red before adhering to the card front.  I decided to add a bit of red to the greeting - using a fine line marker.  I used the threads included to look like bows by each pine cone (adding with adhesive dots).  Then I used red Stickles on the "25" and berries of the holly right beside it.

Inside:

Inside I used a narrow strip of the red & the other print to form a border - making sure to leave a little white showing between the two.  Then I die cut the small pine cones (Have a Holly Jolly Christmas set from a card making magazine - the back of the print was white), and added a small knotted piece of the threads.

No comments: