Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, December 27, 2022

HD Butterfly Blue - Flutterbye Wishes

Today I have another Hunkydory set - The kit is called Butterfly Blue, and has this beautiful turquoise foiling. Gorgeous!  The specific set I used today was called Flutterbye Wishes.

Here's what the set looked like when I started:

It's a normal set with 2 AS sheets (adoreable scoreable printed card stock) and 1 sheet of die cuts.

And here are the five cards I made from it:

 
 
Below is a closer look at each.

Card #1:

These first two cards are larger cards - nearly 1/2 letter size.  Here I've used some mirri board from my stash to mat the piece of AS that I've chosen for the card front (after scavenging the center by die cutting it - die cut used later).   Then I just added a sentiment on foam tape to finish it.

Inside:

Stamps are from my Mom's stamps - a strip of mirri, a strip of AS, and a die cut complete the inside.

Card #2:

This is an aperture card.  After matting the AS with mirri (gutted mirri, of course), I glued the frame in place and then used a craft knife and detail scissors to remove the inside of it so you can see through to the die cut on the inside.  Then I added a glitter ribbon border with die cut, and a couple die cut corners from the mirri to complete the outside.

Inside:

Inside I just have the die cut, leaving plenty of room for a personal message.

Card #3:

This mirri mat is the die cutted "gutting" of one of the previous mats.  It too, is gutted behind the focal & frame (frame was added with foam tape).  A die cut tag with ribbon from my stash finishes the card front.

Inside:

Here a strip of mirri & a die cut tag form the border beside the stamped message (again from my Mom's stamps).

Card #4:

This card is an interlocking gatefold - so easy to make when using their die cut focal and frame (works best when done like this one where the frame is a bit bigger than the die cut).  The background is cut from & pieced from AS (border was cut off and added as you see it here).  A small die cut greeting completes the card front.

Inside:

Inside I used some scrap AS with piece cut from the die cut border to create borders for the stamped message (again one of my Mom's stamps).

Card #5:

This last one doesn't have any of the foiling, but is still a pretty card.  It is cut from the AS - cut short to allow for the addition of another border at the top.  As you can probably see, I inked the edges with black ink.  Then I simply added a fussy cut greeting from a Debbi Moore freebie - added with foam tape.

Inside:

Here I added borders top & bottom (again cut from the AS & edges inked), then added a stamped message (one of Mom's stamps).

No comments: