Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, December 21, 2022

HD Peony Promise - Born to Fly

Today I have six cards made from the Hunkydory kit called Peony Promise - the set called Born to Fly.  Here's a picture of the set used to create these cards:

As you can see, there's a sheet of die cuts and two sheets of AS (adoreable scoreable card stock).  I also used some piece from the coordinating little book (LB).  Here's a picture of some of those pages/pieces - though I certainly didn't use all of them!

Here's a picture of the six cards I made: 


Now for a closer look at each.

Card #1:

The card front is based on a piece of the AS - matted with silver foiled poster board.  The focal & frame are die cuts from the set.  The AS was not tall enough for this card base, so I cut it & inserted a piece of white card stock between the two pieces (to ensure a less lumpy base) before covering the insert with the sentiment that was cut and pieced together from a little book page.  I added strips of scrap silver foiled poster board top and bottom of this - then added fussy cut flowers as you see.

Inside:


A die cut frame circles a fussy cut piece from a LB page.  Near the bottom, a border is created with more scraps from the silver poster board & a fussy cut set of flowers.

Card #2:

This next card front was cut from a piece of the AS.  The only addition was the die cut sentiment (from the die cut sheet).

Inside:

Inside I have a silver border - punched using a shell border punch.  A fussy cut birdhouse from a LB page decorates the border.  As you can see, I added 5 stamped messages on the inside from a stamp set called Your Faith is Showing by MayMay Made It..  

Card #3:

This third card front started with a piece of AS - which I bordered with a Sharpie pen.  The sentiment is fussy cut from one of the LB pages.

Inside:


The stamped images on the inside were made with some of my mother's stamps.  The balloons were fussy cut from a LB page.

Card #4:

The blue background is part of the AS.  The frame, focal, and tag are all from the die cut sheet.  The focal was added with foam tape.  The ribbon is from my stash.

Inside:


The stamped image once again used one of my mother's stamps.  I stamped it in blue & then added some pinks using some watercolor markers.  The border is a scrap of the AS and a tag from the die cut sheet and a small piece of ribbon.

Card #5:

The card front is simply a piece of AS with a leftover strip of AS across the top.  The focal and sentiment are from the die cut sheet.

Inside:

Fussy cut balloons decorate the inside - and stamped sentiments (my mom's stamps) complete the inside.

Card #6:

Here the background was a piece of the AS.  The frame, focal, and sentiment were all from the die cut sheet.  The frame was backed with a piece of dotted vellum from my stash.

Inside:

The border was created from a scrap of AS, and a fussy cut piece from a LB page.  A stamped sentiment completes the inside (again one of my mom's stamps).

No comments: