Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, December 31, 2022

Thank You Cards Needed!

I realized I needed more thank you cards, so that's what I chose to focus on today.  I have 4 cards from LB (Hunkydory Little Book) pages - all from the LB of Memorable Moments - and one from a Pop-a-Topper set.

Card #1 (above):  This first card was created from a LB page.  I started with a marbleized cream colored card stock card base.  I took one look at the LB page and decided to try making a vertical card out of a horizontal LB page.  That meant the LB page was a bit wider than the card and had to be trimmed to fit in that direction.  The leafy border with the solid green strip beside it formed borders top and bottom of the little book page.  I cut them off and spaced them top and bottom of my card with some of the card base showing through top and bottom of that.  I then found a scrap of tan and embossed it (Brocade Imprints by Fun Stamper's Journey) to serve as a large mat for the remaining LB piece that serves as my focal.  The sentiment is from a stamp & die set of my mother's.  I inked the edges and then fussy cut part of the border free so I could thread it through the sentiment.

Card #2:

The second card started with a Pop-a-Topper set called Ladies Choice.  I was loosely following this month's sketch from a MB I frequent.  I found some scraps of gold poster board, brown patterned paper, and tan patterned paper in my stash.  I used the gold to mat the background which was the brown pattern.  The tan was cut into two mats - one for the the focal/frame, and the other for the border.  I wish now I had added a stripe to that one, but don't feel like going back & changing it now.  The rest of the materials are from the pop-a-topper sheet.  The "thank you" sentiment was added with foam tape.

Card #3:

This thank you card is based on another page from the LB of Memorable Moments.  Though the car is rather decorative, I DO think this will serve for a masculine thank you.  The background is a plaid pattern from HOTP - both the background and LB page are matted with black paper from my stash.  The ribbon is also from my stash.  The sentiment was stamped & die cut with my Mom's set - inked with distress ink and matted on black, then matted on striped card stock from my stash - which I also matted with black.

Card #4:

Here's another thank you card from the LB of Memorable Moments.  Both background paper and LB page were matted with black - and black ribbon from my stash was added.  The background paper was an older print from HOTP.  The sentiment was a freebie printout from Debbi Moore.

Card #5:

Once again, the background paper is an old one from HOTP - and the mat for the sentiment was a freebie cut out from HOTP.  Again, this is a LB page from Memorable Moments.  I used black paper for mats, along with a teal from my stash.  The sentiment was a stamped/die cut image using Mom's stamp/die set.

No comments: