Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, December 22, 2022

Thursday Scrapbook Pages

Today we'll see how many scrapbook pages I can complete.  I only have two days left before guests arrive for Christmas and I'd really like to finish this book before they get here!

Page #1 (above): This first page starts with an AS (adorable scoreable card stock) background from Hunkydory.  To this, I added pictures matted with gold poster board, a piece of coordinating pink paper (where the title - made with stickers from my stash - & journaling are) and lots of hearts - die cuts from my stash, and lots of little punched hearts.

Page #2:

Next up is the page about a spring play.  The papers, including for the border, are from an old HOTP 8 x 8 paper set.  To this I've added white card stock from my stash, a printed vellum piece (no idea where it came from), red velvet sticker letters for the title, and a bunch of punched stars.

Page #3:

The background is from my stash - with holographic pink mat & border strip also from my stash.  Stickers from my stash form the title, the die cut is from my stash, and the banner was made using a stamp/die set of my mother's.  Journaling was done with a fine line marker.

Page #4:

The background is a paper from my stash.  Many of the embellishments are from old HOTP sets, but some are stickers or letters from my stash.

Page #5:

The paper was once again one from my stash - no idea where I got it.  The border at the top was a piece of printed ribbon from my stash, and the title was simply some alphabet stickers.  The stockings are shaped brads from HOTP.

Page #6:

I believe the background paper was from an 8 x 8 paper pack from HOTP.  The rest of the papers were from my stash - as was the card stock used to die cut the title.

Page #7:

The background paper and die cuts were from a HOTP Soccer Finished in a Flash scrapbook kit.  I'm not certain where I got the vellum.  I'm also not certain where the soccer ball embellishment came from.  A scrap of card stock serves as a journaling block.

Page #8:

The background was cut from a paper from my stash - no idea where I got it - with a strip of white card stock from my stash.  I added several stickers and a couple of cut outs from my stash.  I also added a modified brad buddy (from HOTP).  I replaced the red star brads with black round brads to hold the glasses in place, and used paint to transform the black lenses to white.  

Page #9:

This was a pretty simple layout.  The background was just a blue paper from my stash.  I matted the main photo with a holographic pink film from my stash.  The title was made from alphabet stickers.  Jewel Dazzles and Jewel Border Dazzles decorate the page and the brad buddy crown (HOTP).

Page #10:

The background on this one was from a calendar page.  The keyboard border was one I found in my stash.  The title was created with velvety alphabet stickers.  The piano is a Dazzles scrapbooking sticker matted on white paper.

Page #11:

Background paper was an 8 x 8 page from an old HOTP paper pack.  Blue and tan card stock is from my stash.  Title die cut from the blue card stock with some no-name alphabet dies I have.

Page #12:

Most of the elements on this page were from a Soccer Finished in a Flash kit from HOTP - background paper, shaped brads, die cuts.  Black and white card stock were from my stash.

Page #13:


The background paper may have been HOTP, but I'm not sure - it was in my stash.  The "Honor Roll" was a sticker that I stuck to white card stock before adding it to the page.  The other embellishments & card stock were from my stash.

Page #14:

This time I started with a piece of white card stock for my base & cut strips of the red patterned paper (HOTP) to go on either side of a panel of pictures.  Then I added ribbon from my stash as borders on each side.  The title was made from stickers; the embellishments were brad buddies from HOTP.

Page #15:


This page is pretty stark - by design - to reflect the devastation from the fire.  I made the title on the computer and printed it out.

No comments: