Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, December 23, 2022

Friday Scrapbook Pages

I REALLY want to finish this scrapbook today.  Above you see the first page of today's efforts.

Page #1 (above): This page was quick and easy.  The background was from an 8 x 8 paper pack from HOTP.  I thought the design on it was perfect for a basketball page.  The 3D title & embellishments were from my stash.

Page #2:


I thought a black and white background pattern was perfect for a page about a black and white dog.  I added strips of washi tape top and bottom of the focal photo & the journaling.  Silver stickers on a black background forms the title.  I used a silver marker for the journaling.

Page #3:

Another soccer page - background paper and brad buddies from the same Soccer Kit as used previously.  The soccer ball in the lower right corner was a foam ball from my stash.  The lower border was a strip of black card stock with some narrow washi tape on it.

Page #4:

The background paper and the patterned matted paper were again from an old HOTP paper pack - as were the cut outs.  The journaling block was framed with a sticker from my stash.  Purple glimmer paper from my stash mats everything.

Page #5:

This page is based on a piece of marbled card stock from my stash.  The patterned paper is an old HOTP paper.  I used washi tape to frame the page, title, and focal.  Red velvet stickers form the title and smaller red stickers form the subtitle.  The star is a brad buddy from HOTP.

Page #6:

This background and most of the papers were from an 8 x 8 paper pack from HOTP.  The title was made with stickers and some of those papers.  The embellishments are brad buddies from HOTP.

Page #7:

The background paper is another 8 x 8 paper from HOTP.  The title was die cut from brown card stock from my stash.  The rest of the cut outs and die cuts were miscellaneous from my stash - also from HOTP.

 Page #8:

This page is different from what I usually do!  The background paper (from a HOTP 8 x 8 paper pad) had all these "strips" of paper as a part of it.  I chose to use my craft knife to cut around some of them so I could slip the photo's largest mat under them before adding the matted photo itself.  The title was die cut from the same paper as the large mat.  Then I added a variety of stickers from my stash.

Page #9:

The tiled part of the background paper is embossed along the "grout lines" - pretty cool.  I added some "water" look paper, shaping the photo as you see here using detail scissors.  The title was velvety stickers and I added another sticker for decoration.  I'll add the journaling later on the lines below the title.  I don't know that I want to add anything else, but reserve the right to change my mind! 😉

Pages 10 & 11:

This double page layout again makes use of materials from the Finished in a Flash Soccer kit from HOTP.  Here's a closer look at each page:

Page #10:

This page was really quick and easy.  It started with the lovely background paper & die cuts from the kit.  As you can see, I double matted the photo with black and green card stock from my stash - then added journaling.  I attached the title with foam tape for added dimension.

Page #11:

To the background paper & die cuts from the kit, this time I added a bit of netting (avocado bag) - a nod to the net in the goal - as well as matting the photo on black as you see.  The "goalie" die cut is on foam tape.

Page #12:

The background paper is actually parts of two papers since the lower part of the original was too "babyish" for an 8th grad page.  To this, I added matted photos and journaling & several cutouts (most from old HOTP kit.

Page #13:


This last page is not particularly exciting from an aesthetic standpoint, but I wanted all 3 pictures on it and already cropped them all I wanted to, so there wasn't much room left for title, journaling, and embellishments.  As you can see, I used a Sharpie marker around the edges instead of matting, Dazzles stickers on a couple of the photos for embellishments, alphabet stickers for titles, and took most of the remaining space for journaling.

 It feels WONDERFUL to get this last page finished!  Other than a few individual pages made some time ago, I've completed 3 albums in 3 months!  A total of 142 pages for these books in the last 3 months - along with two 12 x 12 pages for Thanksgiving, a "squash" book, and 3 multipocket mini scrapbooks for gifts (to say nothing of all the cards I've made in that time).  I'm sure that's some sort of record for me!

No comments: