Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, December 20, 2022

December 2022 Swap Cards

Once again I have 3 swap cards.  

Card Front #1 (above): This first is a standard swap card - theme was "Anything Goes".  Most of what I used came from a calendar page.  I cut portions of it to create the card front & large senteiment - and then matted in brown & white (with card base forming the white mat for the main picture).  Then I did a corner treatment with two different ribbons and a sentiment.  For some reason you can't see it very well in the picture, but I inked that sentiment with colors that blend well with the focal & other sentiment.  I then added a small Dazzle sticker to "tack" it in place.

Inside:


I wish I had done more with the border - added a bit of green or something, but the little photo shows what the full calendar page looked like originally.  I think that's fun as well as pretty.

Card #2: Snowflake Materials Swap - my materials 

My materials consisted of a card base, blue patterned paper from HOTP, Silver Color Me Snowflakes Card Topper, snowflakes die cuts (Moonstone Splendid Snowflakes), snowflake confetti, and 1/8" ribbon.

Card Front:

Blue paper forms background for the ColorMe topper (uncolored).  I inked the snowflake die cuts with silver ink and added them as you see - then added blue mini-snowflake confetti.  Blue ribbon forms a border & bow.

Inside:

A scrap of paper & some inked snowflake die cuts form a border.  An additional inked snowflake in the bottom left corner & a couple blue mini-snowflake confetti pieces complete the inside.

Card #3: Snowflake Materials Swap - Partner's Materials

The materials included a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" card blank, a piece of acetate, two patterned papers/card stock, black card stock, snowflake die cut, Merry Christmas die cut, various rhinestones.

Card Front: (Split card with acetate)

As you can see, I split the card front and bridged it with acetate, gluing it on the front.  Then I cut a couple of pieces of black card stock a bit smaller than the white and glued it on top to hide the glue on the acetate - then I did similar with the pink patterned card stock.  I put glue on the top and bottom of the snowflake styled octagon and glued it in place.  Added the die cut greeting, and the rhinestones.

Inside:

Inside I added the patterned paper with borders of the patterned card stock & bits of the black.


No comments: