Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, December 8, 2022

HD Peony Promise - Tranquil Moments

Today I have 6 cards I made from the HD Peony Promise Kit - Tranquil Moments Set.  Here's a picture of the set I started with:

As you can see, there are two sheets of AS (adorable scoreable card stock) & a sheet of die cuts.

I also bought the Little Book (LB) of Promise that goes with the kit, and here's a picture of the pieces that go with this set - though I didn't use all of them by any means.

Here's a picture of the 6 cards:

And now for a close up look at each.

Card #1:

First up is a Get Well card.  It started with a piece of one of the printed AS sheets.  I created a border by taking a scrap of silver poster board - die cutting the center of it by using a die from a Card Making Magic set called A5 Box Kit.  Two die cuts complete the card.

Inside:

I used a small piece of the AS as a lower border inside.  A large die cut encircles the sentiment.

Card #2:

This card started with the die cut border strip & leftover piece of AS.  It made a perfect backdrop for the little book page.

Inside:

The remaining piece of the border that was used on the front forms the start of a border on the inside - finished with a floral spray fussy cut from a LB page.  I added a fussy cut dragonfly (again from a LB page), and a stamped message (one of my Mom's stamps).

Card #3:

This horizontal card again started with a piece of one of the AS sheets.  I added a die cut border that was cut by a die from another Card Making Magic set - this one called 5 x 7 Card and Box Set.  I then added two die cut pieces from the die cut sheet - the sentiment added with a piece of Dazzles border to look like a hanging chain.

Inside:

On the inside, I added a die cut sentiment (Stacked Just Because from Creative Expressions).  A scrap of AS matted with silver poster board forms the background for fussy cut dragonfly from a LB page.

Card #4:

Again the background is a piece of AS.  The silver border was made the same way as the one on card #1.  The die cut piece completes this card front.

Inside:

Once again I fussy cut a couple of pieces from the LB and added them on the inside - along with a stamped message (one of my Mom's stamps).

Card #5:

A piece of AS was matted in silver poster board.  I added a die cut frame from the die cut sheet to highlight the image on the AS.  I also added a couple more smaller die cuts, including a sentiment.

Inside:

The sentiment inside was a piece of a LB page.  I then created borders top and bottom using scraps from the die cut sheet and two different blue papers.

Card #6:

The background is a piece of AS matted on silver poster board.  To this, I added a die cut piece of silver poster board (Cutting Edge die called Circles 3"x 8").   I trimmed a small slice off the focal die cut so I could place it where I wanted it.  I added a sentiment die cut piece near the top to finish the card front.

Inside:

A narrow scrap of the die cut sheet forms a border.  The oval border piece was a die cut from the die cut sheet.  I backed this with a piece of embossed vellum that had a opalescent sheen to it (Swiss Dots folder by Cuttlebug).  I finished it with a fussy cut sentiment from the LB.

No comments: