Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, May 21, 2021

HD Peony Promise - Love Blossoms Part 1

These cards were all made from the Hunkydory kit called Peony Promises - the set called Love Blossoms & the coordinating pages from the Little Book of the same name.  In the above picture you see what the set looked like before I started: I cut up the AS (Adorable Scoreable) for several different cards, and the die cut page yielded several focals & greetings.  This next picture shows the little book pages & smaller pieces from little book pages that I decided I'd put with this set.

All in all, there are a LOT of materials here and I'm going to get a LOT of cards from them, so I've decided to post this set in two parts.  Part 1 is the first 7 cards I made from this set.

Card #1:

The focal is cut from a little book page.  The background is AS with the bottom edge fussy cut around the flowers & then placed on top of most of the focal (all except the very tip of the heart - which I fussy cut so it would sit on top).  The small greeting in the upper left corner was taken from the 2016 Essential Book of Greetings - which I cut & re-shaped.  The dragonfly at the top was also fussy cut (from the little book) and added (I had actually put the dragonflies with a different set from this kit, but I decided I needed to steal one for this card).  The greeting at the bottom is from the set.

Inside:


The border is from scraps of the die cuts.  The flowers are fussy cut from one of the little book sheets.

Card #2:

Here we have a couple of frames from the set, along with a piece of AS and the focal sentiment.  The butterfly & flowers are fussy cut from the little book.

Inside:

Inside I have scraps from the set creating a border - and a sentiment cut from the little book.

Card #3:

I think this is one of my favorites from this set.  I LOVE the embossed background.  It was made using pink card stock from my stash & a 3D Gemini embossing folder called Ornate Lace.  I used a frame and one of the die cut pieces to form the focal.  A strip of darker pink from my stash forms a border that my sentiment die cut piece its on.

Inside:

Inside is a fussy cut piece from the little book and a couple of strips - silver & the dark pink - from my stash.

Card #4:

This card starts with a background of the AS.  Fussy cut pieces from the little book form the focal, embellishments & sentiment.  The thin flowered strip at the bottom was scrap from the die cut sheet.

Inside:

Inside there are more scrap pieces, more fussy cut little book pieces, and a fussy cut tag from an old HOTP set.

Card #5:

Next up is an interlocking gate fold card.  The focal and frame are some of the die cuts from the set.  The sentiment is cut from a little book page and matted with a couple of papers from my stash.

Inside:

Inside, the sentiment at the top and all the flowers are fussy cuts from the little book.  The pink is from my stash, and the rest of the sentiments are stamped with Just Rite stamps - from the set called With Symapthy.

Card #6:

The floral frame is cut from a little book page, as is the sentiment & butterfly.  The tag is from an old HOTP paper kit.  The whole is double matted on white card stock and then on pink vellum.

Inside:

Inside I have more of the pink vellum & fussy cuts from the little book.  The sentiment is stamped using a stamp from an unnamed Poppy set I got from HOTP.

Card #7:

Here I have another gate fold card.  The sentiment & frame are die cuts from the set - the other flowers are fussy cuts from the little book.  These are all placed on pieces of pink card stock from my stash that were matted on silver before being added to the card front.

Inside:

Inside is a piece cut from the little book - glued on top of a piece of pink vellum.

No comments: