Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, May 27, 2021

HD Wild at Heart - Giraffe Safari

Today I finished another Hunkydory set.  This is from the kit called Wild at Heart and the set called Giraffe Safari.  As you can see, I got 5 cards from this set.  Here is what the set looked like when I started:

You may notice that one of the giraffe pieces is missing.  I used it a couple of years ago on the inside of an elephant card.  Here are the five cards up close:

Card #1:

This is the basic image that was intended for use as the base for multiple layers of giraffes - but I chose to use them individually so I got 5 cards instead of 1 or two.

Inside:

I decided the outer part of the base piece worked well for the inside of this card.

Card #2:

The focal on this card was the biggest layer.  As you can see, I paired it with green AS (Adorable Scoreable cardstock from the kit - leftover from my zebra set), framed it with gold, and added a couple of corner pieces from the set.  A sentiment from the set & border sticker strip from my stash finish this one.

Inside:

I didn't have the right size of scrap from the green, so found a similar green in my stash & paired it with scraps from the set to create a border for the inside.

Card #3:

I used a Darice embossing folder for this one called Brick Wall.  I thought it sort of mimicked the spots on the giraffe.  The focal is actually composed of 3 pieces on top of the gold mat.  There's a light green AS piece (again left over from the zebra set), a giraffe piece, and an extra set of rocks (lower left corner).  That, with the greeting, completes this card front.

Inside:

Inside I have borders made from more of the green AS & a border from the set.

Card #4:

The sentiment on this one says "Stand Tall - believe in yourself", so I felt it only fitting to make it into a tall card.  I started with a piece of AS (from THIS set this time!) and matted it on gold.  The focal image was one where the back of the large giraffe was missing a leg, so I figured it was a perfect time to cut off part of the image.  I lined the piece up with the border, then trimmed even with the edge.  I added another border near the top using scraps from my stash and finished it off with a sentiment.

Inside:

Inside is pretty simple.  I strip of the paper used for the border on the front, and a border from the set.

Card #5:

This card front was cut from the main piece of AS that came in this set.  I thought it was a beautiful scene and took care to cut it so the bulk of it fit on the card front.  I didn't feel it needed much, so I just inked the edges and added a banner sentiment I made with a scrap from my stash - cut with a Sizzix die from their Bonjour Paris set.  The sentiment was stamped from JustRite's Grand Sentiments.

Inside:

Inside is simply a border cut from the AS.

No comments: