Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, May 30, 2021

HD Wild at Heart - Pride & Joy

Today's cards were made using Hunkydory's Wild at Heart kit - Pride and Joy set.  From the 1/2 Deco Large set, I got 6 cards!  Here's a look at the set I started with - 1/2 sheet with base piece, border & greetings; 1 sheet with extra layers for base sheet & more greetings; 1 sheet of AS (adorable scoreable printed card stock):

Card #1:

One of the things I found a bit challenging with this set was that all the layers had rounded bottoms - which can look a bit strange on a normal card.  So, I worked to find ways to use them where the rounded shape was more expected.  This card is one of the results. The base card & layers are made using dies from Card Making Magic's Octagon Box Kit set of dies.  The green layer is paper from my stash.  The blue and blue/green layers are white card stock colored with Distress inks (Broken China & Mowed Lawn).  The sentiment was from my stash - probably cut from a Debbi Moore set.  The focal was, of course, from the HD set.

Inside:

I colored the inside with both colors of distress inks & added this sentiment from my stash.

Card #2:

Next up is a slimline card.  The focal is cut from the AS, as is the top border.  The bottom border was leftover from another set in this kit, and the border is from this set - as is the sentiment.  The baby lion is die cut from this set.  Both it and the sentiment were added with foam tape.

Inside:

Inside I started with border strips cut from the scraps of the die cut sheet.  I inked the edges and glued them in place.  The lion head embellishment is from the set.  The "Happy" was die cut from gold metallic poster board using a Spellbinders' die from the Joyous Celebrations Sentiment collection.  The word "birthday" was one large die cut from a HOTP collection that I fussy cut into individual letters and arranged as you see them here (after inking the edges).

Card #3:

Here's another slimline card.  The background here is cut from the AS piece that came with the set.   The focal is a collage of pieces cut from the die cut sheet & a border strip.  The sentiment is from the set.

Inside:

By the time I got to the inside of this one it was pretty slim pickings!  So, I used a piece cut from a Debbi Moore set, matted it on a die cut piece from an old HOTP set which had been inked to help color correct.

Card #4:

Here's the other special card shape I decided to use with these curved die cut pieces.  This is a diorama - base card & gold mat piece cut with the diorama cutting dies set from Divinity Designs.  As you can see, I have several of the die cut pieces forming the layers on the inside - and a sentiment from the set on the outside.  Here's another view to help show the dimension.

Card #5:

I decided to make this one as an easel card.  The focal, corners, and sentiment in upper left are all from the set.  The other sentiment is cut from a Debbi Moore set.

As Easel - showing part of the inside:

The inside easel stopper is a die cut piece from an old HOTP kit.  I raised it on foam tape over a gold poster board border strip.

Card #6:

This last card uses the picture on the AS - and is matted with a very narrow gold poster board mat.  I added a pieced border to the top which has border pieces, a sentiment, and one of the corners all from the kit.  These pieces are layered on top of a border strip cut from the scraps of the die cut page.

Inside:

The bottom border was leftover from another set in this kit.  The top border is a strip of scrap from the die cut sheet, a sentiment from the set, and a die-cut lion head from the set. 

No comments: