Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, June 1, 2021

HD All Things Bright & Beautiful - Always In My Heart Part 1 1/2

This card is another one made from the Hunkydory kit called All Things Bright and Beautiful - set called Always in My Heart.  I'm calling this Part 1 1/2 because I already made one card from this set for my Mom's Birthday in April.  This is a second card made from that set - this time an anniversary card.

The card base was created using a Grand Scalloped Squares die from Spellbinders.  (Align the die so the very top of it extends above the fold and send through the machine.  This makes it so the inside of the card is attached to outside where the die was extended beyond the fold.  To hide this slight shortening of the scallop on that edge, cut another piece as normal and attach to the card front.)  The background paper (from the set) was cut with the same die & glued to the card front.  As you can see, I added several layers of die cuts from the set - some with foam tape for dimension.  The rectangular floral focal is actually from a little book of die cuts.  I thought it coordinated well with the rest.  The "Love" is a Dazzles sticker.

Inside:



 For the inside, I die cut a coordinating piece of green using a die from the Classic Scalloped Squares Small set and matted it on a square of gold poster board.  The "On Your Special Day" is made using a cutting die from the A5 Box Kit from Card Making Magic  I fussy cut a few flowers from the paper in the kit, and then added some more Dazzles (HOTP - the heart ones are backed with pink paper).  So, this makes card #2 from this set - more to come later.

No comments: