Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, October 29, 2022

Some Floral LB Makes

I really DO like the look of Hunkydory Little Book (LB) pages turned into slimline cards like you see above!  For this post, I have chosen another 4 LB pages to turn into cards - though only one was made into a slimline card (and since I had forgotten I didn't want a slimline card - I made a 2nd card - a side step card using another copy of the same little book page - you can see that one at the bottom of this post as card #5).  You can see the 4 pages below:

The page in the lower left-hand corner is from the LB of Floral Shimmer, but the rest are from the LB of Forever Florals - Summer Splendour.  And here are the cards I made using them:

The blue butterfly one is similar to another I made recently.  My favorite is the slimline card.

Card #1:

I had forgotten that since I was making these for Geof's aunt, I wanted them all a similar size for mailing - and slimline wouldn't do!  But I do SO love the way the slimline turned out!  The main portion of the background is cut from a sheet of Hunkydory Adorable Scoreable (AS) set called Glitter Ombre.  While it has no shimmering glittery shine like real glitter would, it tends to work really well to blend with other colors - like these Zinnias!  

After slicing off the focal portion of the LB page, I cut the lower edge along the border/label.  Next, I fussy cut out the butterflies.  Then I thinly matted both butterflies, the focal, and the border/label piece with black paper.  You can see how I added the border/label piece at the base of the card and glued the focal in place before adding the butterflies - with foam tape under their wings for dimension.

I then made the sentiment piece by die cutting the pale orange (from Spellbinders Labels 28), matting it with a narrow edge of black paper, and die cutting the sentiment from both white and black.  I glued  those, slightly offset, to the  label before adding it with foam tape.

Card #2:

Next up is the Gladiolus card.  This time I inked the card base - using 3 different colors of Distress inks to create a color that blended well with the focal - Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Aged Mahogany.  To that, I simply added the intact LB page as focal and a tag with foam tape (cutout from Debbi Moore download - backed with more inked card stock).

Inside:

I used more of the inked card stock for a lower border & added a stamped/die cut lily (Hunkydory Lily Floral Favourites), which I tried to color to blend with the card front.  Unfortunately, it didn't work as well as I would have liked.  I think I used the wrong medium to color it - Inktense inks & water instead of maybe distress inks?

Card #3:

This card is similar to another one I made recently - a Thank You card shown here.  The background is another of those Glitter Ombre AS pieces. The focal was cut into a frame with the butterflies fussy cut.  The frame was backed with white card stock.  The Glitter Ombre & the frame were both inked around the edges.  The first was glued directly to the card front, the 2nd was added with foam tape for dimension.  

The die cut sentiment was made using paper from my stash and dies from Card Making Magic's Ultimate Words (from their Perfect Panels and Lovely Layers collection), then glued in place, along with the large blue butterfly and two small lavender ones (on the words).

Inside:

Another inked panel of the AS, and the last fussy cut butterfly create a border on the inside of the card.

Card #4:

This last card was quite easy to make. I glued the LB page intact to the background card stock I found in my stash.  Then I added another little strip of that card stock to form a border near the bottom of the card.  I die cut a sentiment (Stacked Birthday from Creative Expressions - cut apart) from yellow card stock and glued it in place as you see it.

Card #5:

Here's a card made with the 2nd copy of the Zinnia LB page.  I don't like it quite as well as the slimline, but it works.  I did pretty much the same as for the slim-line - cutting the page down, cutting out the butterflies, matting all with black, adding butterflies back with foam tape.  This time I cut out the entire label about zinnias and matted it with black putting it on the 2nd step as you can see.  I created a greeting label (Stacked Happy Birthday die from Creative Expressions and a die from HOTP 9 Tiny Tags and Little Labels).  I finished with a Dazzles border sticker from a HOT Scrapbooking Dazzles set (don't remember the name).

No comments: