Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, October 5, 2022

A Couple of Red Scrapbook Pages

Today I have a couple more scrapbook pages - again they are 8 x 8.  

Scrapbook Page #1 (above):  As you can see, this is a Christmas page.  The background is made of scraps from a double-sided paper.  The plaid wouldn't match up, but by using the back side of the right-hand piece I was able to create a nice background paper anyway.  I used gold poster board to mat the focal photo & to die cut the word "Christmas".  The rest words/numbers are stickers from my stash - as is the pretty gold braid that forms a border.

Scrapbook Page #2:

All of the papers are from HOTP except perhaps for the paper I cut the little tricycles out of - that could have been theirs or someone else's - not sure.  As you can see, I matted the focal photo in yellow & then blue - making the mat wide enough to add some journaling.  I then cut the 2nd photo down to just Amy & then double matted it to make a smaller embellishment.  The other tricycles were cut from yellow paper which I matted on blue.  I added red & blue papers for a border at the bottom (top edge was cut with a Fiskars fancy blade cutter), and a border at the top that was wide enough to add the title.  Title letters/numbers were die cut out of yellow & out of blue so I could offset them and have the blue create a bit of a shadow effect. 

No comments: