Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, October 3, 2022

Little Book Challenge

Today I have 3 cards made using 4 Hunkydory Little Book pages.  Here are the 4 pages I started with:

The first two are from the Little Book of High Street, the cat is from the Little Book of Memorable Moments, and the bird from Little Book of Perfect Planet.

Here are the cards I made (3 cards as I used the first little book page on the INSIDE of the first card):

And now for a closer look at each one.

Card #1:

I used some red patterned paper and some blue solid paper from my stash.  I also used some from a couple of Adorable Scoreable (AS - card stock) sheets that were designed to go with the High Street set.  The red makes most of the background, with a bit of stone AS at the bottom.  I sliced off both sides of the focal so it would fit on this slimline card.  I also fussy cut off the pavement at the bottom so the stone AS would form the pavement.  Then I added a red rectangle to mat the matted "Happy Birthday" (Stacked Happy Birthday die from Creative Expressions - to create the mat from white, I drew around the outside of the die & fussy cut it).  I finished by adding a horizontal border at the top - a strip of blue over a wider strip of white.

Inside:

Inside I used another sheet and trimmed the edges so it would fit.  Then I took some of the red/white/& blue AS to create border top & bottom.

Card #2:

This one is simple, but I really like the way it turned out.  I went through my stash to find papers that would go.  I liked what I came up with so well that I wanted room to see them - ended up making this card a 8.5 x 5.5 size.  As you can see, the dotted paper forms the background, then I added the darker mulberry paper, then the little book page.  The "Hello" is a Dazzles sticker - easy peasy.

Inside:

Inside wasn't quite as easy.  I had no more mulberry paper, and just a narrow border of the dotted left.  I did, however, have a glimmer paper that was nearly the same color as the mulberry, so I used that for a mat - put the narrow border on the right side as you see & added some plain cream colored paper to make room for a message.  However, I really wanted a bird in the lower right corner - so I made one! I stamped it using a small stamp from HOTP called Pretty Bird. Then I used my Inktense pencils & water to color it before fussy cutting & adding to the card.

Card #3:

I love this kitty cat!  However, it was more challenging than I expected to match the greens in this little book page.  I found the fancy mat already die cut (Lattice Rectangles die from Spellbinders) in my stash and liked the look of it - especially if I backed it with black.  Then I found the plaid - PERFECT! I die cut the "Happy Birthday" (Stacked Happy Birthday by Creative Expresions) and the "Celebrate" for the inside of the card (Joyous Celebrations by Spellbinders) from the inside of the green mat where it wouldn't be seen, before gluing everything in place.

Inside:

As you can see, more of the plaid forms a border at the bottom of the card.  The "Celebrate" was glued in place, then I added some little leaf stems (fussy cut from the rest of the little book page that didn't end up as focal for the front).

No comments: