Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, October 24, 2022

A Card & A Scrapbook Page

Today I've got another scrapbook page and another card.  

Scrapbook Page:

First, the scrapbook page which you can see in the picture above. I don't remember where the pink background paper came from, but as you can see, it was used both for the background, and for the title letters (misc dies from my stash - including 1.5 inch dies from Momenta).  I added purple patterned paper scraps from the HOTP Finished In a Flash kit called Baby Girl.  That's also where the word "crawling" came from (though I matted it on white).  White card stock from my stash, helped as well.  The focal picture was matted on white card stock cut with a die from the Fleur De Lis Rectangles set from Spellbinders.   I hand cut the tag, matted it a couple of times and added it with a rhinestone flower to hold it in place - then added a couple more of those flowers.  

A quick note: I did not have the right size of number die, so I took a "G", trimmed it a bit, filled in the piece that had been cut between one side & the other, and called it good.  For the exclamation mark, I just fussy cut one - started with the center of the "O" in months for the dot of the exclamation mark.

Card:

Here I have a cut-away Hunkydory little book page (Little Book of High Street), with embossed panels top and bottom (Lacy Border embossing folder from HOTP).

Inside:

This is actually a thank you card - and that will be evident when I fill in the personal message.  I wanted to include a gift card, so that's what that blue vellum envelope is all about.  In the upper right corner is a pink needle & thread - stamped from a set called Sew Pretty, which came in a card making magazine.  The pin cushion at the bottom was stamped (Small Stamp from HOTP called Pin Cushion) 3 times in black: once directly on the card, once on blue patterned paper for the main pin cushion piece, and once on pink patterned paper for the little center.I used pink and tan markers to color in the rest that you see.

No comments: