Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, October 30, 2022

More Masculine High Street Makes

I got a request from my Aunt for a mix of birthday cards, so turned to my Hunkydory Little Book of High Street for inspiration.   Here are the 4 pages I chose. 

You may note that I used three of them recently (all but the sports one).  Two of the cards I made previously, I liked so well that I decided to duplicate a couple of them for her (with a few modifications).  Those are the two at the top in the picture below - along with the other two cards I made from this set of little book pages.

Below is a closer look at each.  I haven't yet stamped the message on  the inside of the cards, as I want to use my Mom's stamps for that since they're much better for that purpose than any I've been able to purchase.

Card #1:

As you can see, this is a center step card.  The background is from a coordinating High Street Adorable Scoreable (AS) pack of card stock. The tag is from my stash, stamped with a Hampton Arts stamp from a Clear Layer Words set.  The border & music accents are from a HOTP Scrapbook Dazzles set.

Inside:

Here I have a scrap of the background AS, and more of the Dazzles.  The violin is backed with some gold paper from my stash.

Card #2:

Here scraps of the same background as Card #1 form the background.  A piece of aqua card stock from my stash forms the mat for the focal.  The label that says Happy Birthday, was stamped and heat embossed in white using a stamp from Hunkydory called Perfect Pastime.  The word "GADGETS" was spelled out using pierced alphabet dies in my stash.

Inside:

Inside I have a simple border of scraps from the card front.  

Card #3:

This third card uses a background of more AS from the coordinating set.  After trimming the store front focal, I inked the edges before gluing in place.  The awning is added with foam tape at the top, a greeting tag tucked underneath (from a Hunkydory Little Book of Sentiments).

Inside:

Inside are border scraps and a couple soccer balls and cleated shoes from my stash.

Card #4:

This last card was created with a black glimmer paper background - embossed with a Spellbinders M-bossabilities folder called Imperial.  After trimming the store front and gluing it in place, I added the awning with foam tape at the bottom.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is stamped on a scrap of yellow card stock (HOTP stamp from set called Masculine Collage).

Inside:

As you can see, I once again added borders of scraps used on the card front.

No comments: