Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, October 7, 2022

More Fun Scrapbook Pages

I have often seen scrapbook pages where folks had cut the photo into shapes of some kind.  I never really cared for the look, so imagine my surprise when I found myself doing that very thing!  I find working with 8 x 8 sized pages so much harder than 12 x 12 - especially when I want several pictures on one page, and cropping is often the best answer - though I don't usually crop them into shapes.

Scrapbook Page #1 (above):  Trying to figure out how to work well with the background evergreen paper, I hit on the idea of making ornaments of the pictures.  I used Spellbinders dies (Heirloom Ornaments 2011 & 2012) to cut the pictures - then traced around them to fussy cut the gold mats.  Like the focal photo, they were Polaroid pictures, and when I cut them, the photos fell apart into front piece & backing piece.  I have no idea how much the backing for the photos keeps the color in the photo.  I used double sided tape to re-connect the parts - I hope they stay looking nice!  

As you can see, I added a red strip from my stash down the right side of the page.  I added the focal photo, a journaling piece, and a gold braid across the top of the page.  I added 3 brad buddies - the "Noel" was matted on white card stock before using a brad to connect it to the page.  The star and red ornaments were also attached with a brad, but before I did that I tied narrow gold ribbon to the tops of those & the tops of the picture ornaments.  The picture ornaments are taped in place with double-sided tape.  The tops of the hanging ribbons are taped to the back of the page.  I took the picture before remembering to erase the pencil drawn lines for the journaling, but I'll do that before it goes in the album.

Scrapbook Page #2:

This was a challenging page to create because I had already written on the edges of the photos a long time ago & I didn't want to trim the story off - which really limited my layout on an 8 x 8 page!  If I had been thinking, I'd have copied the story onto a journaling panel & then cropped the photos - but that didn't occur to me until the page was done.  

Anyway, as you can see, I used 2 patterned papers - the yellow for the base page, and borders of the blue.  Most of the papers & embellishments came from HOTP, including the Dazzles stickers (spoon & pot) that I backed with scraps of orange paper.  The word "months" was written on a scrap of orange paper, and the smaller picture was matted twice - once with the same yellow as the background, and once with a navy card stock.  The other embellishments were from a couple of Finished in a Flash scrapbooking kits.

Scrapbook Pages #3 & 4:

As you can see, this is a two-page spread.  Here's a closer look at the two pages:
 
Scrapbook Page #3:

The title is on the other page, but you can see the journaling block is on this page.  I used 5 different patterned papers if you count both pages - the main blue you see (and a different blue for the title piece on the next page), the pink and blue plaid, and two different patterned pinks.  As you can see, I matted the photos - with a bigger mat for the focal photo.   I inked the edges of the focal photo's mat & the journaling block with a blue ink (Distress Oxide Faded Jeans).  The flowers were made by stamping with a darker pink (stamp/die from Stampendous Build a Bouquet, ink was Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry) and using the matching die to cut them out.  Then I used a blue Stickles on the flower centers.

Scrapbook Page #4:

Here you see a couple of cropped photos, a couple more of the flowers, and the title piece.  For that, I die cut a circle from the pink, and letters/numbers from the other blue pattern.  Then I cut the scalloped circle (Beaded Circles die from Spellbinders).  I inked both the circle and the scalloped circle before assembling the piece.

No comments: