Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Make Your Own Designer Paper Challenge

Today's project started with a Make Your Own Designer Paper Challenge.  We were to design 3 papers - at least 5" x 7" in size - and then use them in a project.  You can see my 3 papers above.  First I'll discuss how I made each, then show the card I made using them.

Corner Design: Silver & Pearl Mixative Alcohol Inks combine to create the background on glossy card stock.  Next I stamped the image using several stamps my mother had from Stampin' Up - using Black StazOn ink.  I felt challenged for a minute about how to color them since the background was glossy card stock,  Then I thought of my Smooch inks.  Unfortunately, they were starting to get dried up and didn't work as well as I had hoped, but they DID work.  I used two colors of green for the leaves.  Had hoped to use two colors for the flowers, but one was completely dried up.  Anyway, after using a yellow Smooch ink to color the centers of the flowers & the smaller weed?, I covered them in Frosted Lace Stickles (a see through color) and then added light yellow FlowerSoft to the centers.

Pink: I had in mind to ink the background & then stamp white dots all over, but the paper wouldn't cooperate (it was too thin for that application).  It kept wrinkling and then I couldn't get a clean all-over color.  So, I decided to go with the flow, wrinkle it all up, smooth it out, and then ink it.  No dots, that gave it a neat texture.

Green: I inked the background (on card stock this time so it wouldn't wrinkle).  I found I had to use 4 different colors of ink to get it the color that would coordinate with the Smooch inks in the corner design!  Then I stamped all over with a Stampin' Up leaf design stamp (Mom's) in grey ink.

Here's the card I made:

As you can see, I cut the corner design paper down a bit so it could be matted with silver poster board as you see here.  Then I die cut a label shape from the green using a die from a  HOTP set called 9 Tiny Tags and Little Labels.  The sentiment was die cut twice - once from the pink and once from the silver poster board using a Creative Expressions die called Stacked Happy Birthday.  As you can see, I glued them offset one another with the pink on top.

Inside:

Inside I simply took strips of the green, pink, and silver to create a border at the bottom and then stamped a greeting in pink. (stamp was one of Mom's - not sure where it came from)

No comments: