Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, October 9, 2022

Double Page Spread and More

I'm not sure I should have designed this as a double page spread.  The background papers are similar, but not the same which means you have some trees cut off in the center.  Oh well!  Fortunately, the title shows up better in real life than it does in the photo.

UPDATE 10/16 - After posting to a message board I frequent, they suggested I take plant material from leftovers to "fill out" the cut off area that was bugging me.  This is the result:


 It's still not perfect, but perhaps better?

Below are the individual pages (before the addition).

Scrapbook Page #1:

I really liked these background pages, though I don't remember where I got them, but it was hard to figure out how to use them.  I thought they worked pretty well for these 2 pages.  As you can see, I fussy cut around part of a tree and a couple of bushes so the photo could slide behind them.  And I rounded the one corner. The title was die cut & the bird brads were purchased a long time ago when I was making scrapbooks of our trip to Australia and New Zealand.  The balloons were fussy cut from a Hunkydory Little Book Page - (some of the rest of it shows up on the 3rd scrapbook page in this post).  The baker's twine used for balloon strings was glued behind the picture and taped behind the balloons (which were attached with foam tape).

Scrapbook Page #2:

I had intended for the photo to cover the frog, but in the end, I cropped the photo and rounded its edges so there would be room for the journaling without covering up a too much of the background scene.  The only other thing I added was the little bird brad.

Scrapbook Page #3:

This page makes use of the other piece I fussy cut from the little book page (the stork).  I also added title die cut and a couple of Brad Buddies (all from HOTP).  I'm realizing, looking at this, that it would have been nice to add another paper for matting things - but it's too late now.

No comments: