Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, April 29, 2022

HD A Sparkling Season - Winter Wonderland Part 1 - Rabbits

Today I'm back with more cards from Hunkydory's A Sparkling Season.  Today I'm working with the set called Winter Wonderland.  As you can see from the next two pictures below (first is from the card kit - die cut sheet and two AS {Adoreable Scoreable printed card stock}, second is from the 8 x 8 book that coordinates with it), there are 3 main subjects in this set - rabbits, sheep, and deer.  Today I focused on the rabbits (though as you will see, I used a couple of sheep cutouts).

And here are the 7 cards that I made using these materials and a bit of stuff from my stash:

Let's look at them individually.

Card #1:

As you can see, this is a slimline card. The background paper is from the 8 x 8 book and forms the main panel for the card front.  I felt the rabbit was getting a bit lost in that big white expanse, so encircled him with a die cut frame (from the set) to help draw the focus to him.  At the top I added a scrap from the AS to form a border and added a cutout greeting.

Inside:

The stamped greeting on the inside is one of Mom's stamps, and scraps of the paper form the borders.

Card #2:

This card is quite simple - a panel cut from the paper, a large grayish mat, a die cut greeting from the same color (die was from Creative Expressions - the mini Season's Greetings die).

Inside:

Inside is similarly simple - two strips of the grayish paper and a stamped message (stamp was Mom's, ink was Iced Spruce Distress Oxide).

Card #3:

This time I wanted to use this tag with the cut panel (both from 8 x 8 paper pad).  To make it feel at home, I added a border of the same color using card stock from my stash.

Inside:

I had intended to stamp the greeting in aqua ink and just the rabbits in black - but forgot what I was doing!

Card #4:

Once again I felt the panel really spoke for itself, so I simply added a silver mat & a greeting die cut from the same silver (die is from Moonstone Splendid Snowflakes).

Inside:

If you look closely, you'll realize that the lower border strip on the inside is actually cut from the top of the panel used on the card front.  However, I thought it looked like snow & brambles so added a cutout rabbit to reinforce that impression.  I matted the whole in the same silver as used on the front, and stamped a greeting - using one of Mom's stamps.

Card #5:

Here I took a panel from an 8 x 8 page, extended it by adding silver border strips, and added black Dazzles words, stars, and narrow border to them.

Inside:

I had a scrap of AS that worked for the top of the card on the inside, and a scrap of one of the papers that I could use for the bottom, but it really needed something else - so I added a cutout sheep (since the cut out rabbits were used elsewhere).  The stamped sentiment is another one of Mom's.

Card #6:

Next, I have a gate-fold card.  The front panels are cut from the AS.  The greeting is one I had left over from something, and I decided it needed a bit more so added a cutout sheep.

Inside:

A peachy paper from my stash covers the score line in the center.  As you can see, I added a stamped message (one of Mom's stamps) and a rabbit cutout.

Card #7:

Here I've used a panel from coordinating card stock as the background.  I wrapped that with some wide sheer blue ribbon from my stash and added my focal die cut (from the set) to this.  The greeting is from the HD Little Book of Essential Christmas Greetings - and is silver on blue, even though it looks black in the picture.

Inside:

Inside I've got a bit of the border cut from the AS - and another greeting from the little book.

No comments: