Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, April 13, 2022

HD Floral Shimmer - Floral Bouquet

Today's cards come from a partial set from the Hunkydory kit called Floral Shimmer - the set is called Floral Bouquet.  I had a partial set of die cuts, a sheet of AS (adorable scoreable card stock), and some little book pages:

Here are the cards I made - I still had a little book page left, but had used everything else:

Card #1 (above): The background was created from a slice of the AS, bordered by silver card stock on the sides a one of the border die cuts used top and bottom.  The focal was cut from a little book page using a Labels One die from Spellbinders.  The silver is cut with their Decorative Labels One, with a sentiment from a Hunkydory Little Book of Sentiments.

Inside:

Inside I used the pieces cut off of the little book page (when making the focal).  I used the rest of the border at the bottom along with one of the die cuts (to hide the fact that the border wasn't long enough!)

Card #2:

Here I used scraps of pink to edge the side of the little book page - which is fussy cut to fit the bottom border of the AS.  The top border of the AS was fussy cut and glued here so it fit the card size. I also added a part of the 2nd die cut border.  A greeting was added using silver stickers, and a small butterfly die cut adds interest to the tulip.

Inside:

A border was created on the inside using scraps & the rest of the die cut border.  The "joy" die cut is also from the set, the other greeting is silver stickers from my stash.

Card #3:

This card is a simple little book page with corners rounded and matted on aqua blue paper - with corners of the card rounded as well.  Silver stickers form a border and the greeting.

Inside:

Remaining scraps of AS & border - along with some scraps of the aqua blue form a border for the inside.

Card #4:

Here's a note card - made just from cutting down a little book page.

Inside:

I found I had some extra scraps so they went inside.

Card #5:

Another note card uses up the rest of the die cuts and a cut down little book page.  The sentiment is stamped with StazOn ink using JustRite stamps from the set Musical Notes Labels Twenty.

Bookmark:


This bookmark used up the rest of the AS - I rounded the corners and added ribbon through a punched hole.  I may add a message when I decide who will receive it.


No comments: