Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, April 20, 2022

HD Floral Favourites - Patchwork Posy

Today I have 6 cards from this Hunkydory set (Patchwork Posy from HD Floral Favourites).  The set had these materials - 1 sheet of AS (adorable scoreable card stock) and 1 1/2 sheets of die cuts (which I supplemented from my stash):

Here are the 6 cards and 3 tags that I made using these materials:

And here's a closeup look at each of them:

Card #1:

This first card, as you can see, is a slimline card.  The main portion of the card is cut from the AS, but I pieced borders top and bottom from scraps from the die cut sheet.  I added a couple sheer ribbons and a little greeting to finish the card front.

Inside:

Inside is a border strip that I pieced together, along with some of the smaller die cuts.

Card #2:

The background paper on this card is from my stash.  I wrapped a piece of lace around it near the bottom for a border.  I added a border strip from the set to a narrow strip of white card stock & then glued that in place on top of the lace.  I did some fussy cutting on the focal - and colored the "red" bits with a pink marker to help them go a little better.  I matted the focal on white card stock & fussy cut around it to form a narrow white border.

Inside:

As you can see, I just added a couple of strips of the patterned paper to form borders on the inside.

Card #3:

Next up is a doily card.  A piece of the AS was cut a bit smaller than the card front, leaving room to add a border at the bottom.  I fussy cut the focal piece so it didn't have red on it and so I could slip the greeting behind some of the flowers.  This was then glued to the small doily and put in place in the center of the card.  I added a few Jewel Dazzles in the bottom left corner and in the center of the bow on the focal (I colored the silver outline of them with a gold marker so they went a bit better).  I also added 3 small jeweled dragonflies to the focal.

Inside:

I did  a border strip on the inside - similar to what was on the outside,  and added a couple of die cuts.

Tags:

To use up the scraps, I made the 3 tags you see in the above photo.

Card #4:


Here's another card with doilies on it.  This time I used a colored card stock for the card base & embossed it with a Swiss Dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug.  I added a tag with a greeting from my stash and completed the card front with a couple of red rhinestones.

Inside:

A couple more strips of the pink card stock forms border strips on the inside.  To this I added a sticker from my stash.

Card #5:

Here I have another doily card.  I started with the lavender gingham paper and then added a large doily that I trimmed close to the edges of the card.  I added another die cut bunch of flowers & a greeting - both from the set.

Inside:

Inside are some more of the smaller die cuts from the set - set on a piece of the lavender gingham.

Card #6:

One of the things I did with this set was to remove the butterflies from the things they were attached to.  I did not care for the orange with the pinks.  So, I put these 3 butterflies together with a die cut border strip from the set to make a card with orange shades on it.  To flesh out the card front, I added a floral sticker from my stash and a ribbon bow.

Inside:

I would have liked to have another butterfly for the inside of the card, but there were only the three that I used on the card front.  So I just made a quick border with the ribbon & a strip of gold card stock.

No comments: