Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, April 8, 2022

HD Floral Favourites - Sunflower Surprise

 

As you can see from the title, today's cards come from the Hunkydory Card Kit called Floral Favourites - the set called Sunflower Surprise.  Here's a picture of the materials in the set:

As you can see, there are 1 1/2 sheets of die cuts and a piece of coordinating AS (adorable scoreable card stock).  To that I added materials from my stash to create the 6 cards you see here:

Let's look at the individual cards more closely.

Card #1 (top of post):  To make this card, I cut a piece of the AS from the bottom right corner (just a little smaller than the front of my card so I would have a border all around it) - then inked the edges in pink and embossed with clear embossing powder so the ink would stay on the slick surface.  After attaching this to the card front, I added the sentiment (from the set) and the butterfly (from my stash) - creating a "butterfly trail" using "innies" of a border sticker.

Inside:

Inside I added a couple strips of the AS - with the edges once again inked & embossed - a couple of stamped sentiments (Grateful Hearts Vintage Labels Two and Enjoy the Day Vintage Labels Four - both from JustRite), and a couple of small flower embellishments from the set.

Card #2:

I started by scoring parallel lines on this slimline card. Then used several colors of ink (Cracked Pistachio and Lucky Clover Distress Oxides and Pine Needles Distress inks) to wash the front of the card.  I added a lace doily "table cloth", a couple narrow strips of gold poster board, a sentiment border (from the set) and a tiny butterfly die cut (also from the set).  Once again, the butterfly trail was made using scraps from border stickers.

Card #3:

Here I started with a gate fold card, added a pink print background and gold border stickers, and then added the focal & sentiment die cuts.  A little ribbon bow finishes off the card front.

Inside:

A couple more strips of the paper and a small die cut of gifts & flowers completes the inside.

Bookmark Gift:

I used the rest of the AS (after saving a couple of pieces for the next card) to create a bookmark.  After matting it with gold and punching a hole at the top for the ribbon, I added a couple small die cuts from the kit & stamped a verse (InkyAntics - All Through Him) with black ink before embossing with clear embossing powder.  Then I colored the stamped verse with colored Sharpie markers.

Card #4:

This card started as a way to use the AS but mostly cover up the corner of it that I thought was quite ugly!  As you can see, after inking and embossing the edges as I'd been doing, I used the focal piece from the set to mostly cover it. Then I simply added a couple more die cuts from the set to complete the card front.

Inside:

Inside is another piece of the AS with inked/embossed edges, a floral die cut from the set, and a stamped sentiment from HOTP's Simply Susan stamp set.

Card #5:

I was looking at the two smaller flower die cuts from the set & the half of a small doily that was on my desk and decided to make a hanging basket!  The background was a scrap from my stash - where I inked the edges.  I backed the doily with purple card stock, and used more of it to form a border at the top, from which I "hung" the basket - using border stickers for the hanging chains.  I also added a narrow gold border sticker to the border.  The sentiment was from the set.

Inside:

As you can see, I used leftovers from the card front to make a border. I decided to trim the gold off the edges of the sentiment and mat it on the purple instead.

Card #6:

This one is a fold back card with a sentiment "latch" to hold it closed.  The border, sentiments and focal are from the set.  The gold along the left edge was from my stash.  I cut the border so it would line up with the border on the inside.  The patterned paper was from my Mom's stash & the plain purple card stock was from my scrap drawer.

Inside:

Here you can see what the card looks like when open.

No comments: