Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, April 24, 2022

April Same Materials Swap

This card is what I made from the materials I sent for the April Materials swap.  You can see the collection of materials below:

The floral piece is a Hunkydory Little Book page from the Floral Shimmer collection.  I also sent a white card base, 3 solid color papers (pink is vellum, gray is card stock, purple is shimmer paper), a piece of ribbon from my stash, some Jewel Dazzles, and a 3-D butterfly sticker that I got from Dollar Tree.

Card Front (top of post):  I turned my card base into a center step card (instructions for a center step card can be found here).  I started by covering the front portion of the card with the purple glimmer paper (saving the cutaway parts for the sides.  Then I trimmed off the top and bottom borders from the little book page, leaving the focal - which I trimmed down to leave a small purple border all around.  I taped the borders together and trimmed them so they were the same height before adding to the bottom of the card front.  Next I took the purple pieces that were cut away when I covered the card front, glued a fancy ribbon down the center - wrapping the ends behind the purple before gluing them in place.  The sentiment was die cut using Nellie Snellen's Flower Multiframe die set (one die cut the gray in a fancy way, and another other cut a purple mat).  The sentiment was stamped with a stamp from JustRite's Violette Vintage Labels (& Iris Cat's Eye ink). Then this was carefully glued in place (making sure the glue was only on the bottom and right side of the piece). After placing the butterfly sticker, I added small purple Jewel Dazzles to the sentiment & butterfly - 8 around the sentiment and 4 on the butterfly (I wanted to tone down the gold on the butterfly!)

Inside:

Inside I simply added a couple of strips of the purple glimmer paper.  I will probably stamp a message in purple when I have access to my Mom's stamps again.

No comments: