Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, April 26, 2022

HD Floral Shimmer - Someone Special

Today I have 6 more cards from the HD Floral Shimmer Kit - this time from the Someone Special set.  And, for a change, the set is nearly all here!  There was one nearly complete die cut sheet and two adorable scoreable (AS) printed card stock sheets. This is what it looked like before I started using it:

And here are the 6 cards I made from it (with the addition of some elements from my stash):

Let's look at each one individually.

Card #1:

This card started as a panel cut from the AS, which I split to insert that little silver border strip near the bottom.  I had two small die cuts and a die cut frame from the set (one was a sentiment).  I decided to place the small round die cut on the silver border near the bottom and arrange the sentiment within the silver frame for my focal.  It looked pretty plain, so I added a couple of silver leaves die cuts from my stash (A2 Card & Box die set from Card Making Magic).  I found a purple scrap in my stash that worked well for a mat for this focal.

Inside:

Inside I used two strips of the purple for borders, another die cut flower from the kit, and another of the silver die cut leaves.

Card #2:

I think this one looks a bit strange, but it is what it is.  The background was cut and pieced from one of the AS sheets, and a tiny greeting die cut added near the bottom right corner.  The focal is another die cut from the set - matted on a couple of die cut scraps from my stash (the darker purple was a smaller one that I cut in half and moved toward the outsides of the focal). The lavender was cut with Spellbinders' Scalloped Labels One, and the darker was their Luscious Labels One.

Inside:

Inside I used scraps from the AS & a previous set to form borders to which I added another greeting from the set and a flower die cut from the kit.

Card #3:

The background of this one was a panel made from pieces of the AS.  At the bottom I formed a border with a couple of silver die cut stems of leaves (Card Making Magic's A5 Box Kit) from my stash & a small sentiment die cut from the set.  I backed the frame with some printed vellum from HOTP, and offset it from the flower focal (both frame & focal are from the set).

Inside:

Inside a scrap of AS forms a border at the bottom and a silver die cut stem of leaves (Card Making Magic's 5x7 Card and Box Set) forms a border at the top - to which a die cut sentiment tag from the set is attached.

Card #4:

Next up is a card that loosely followed a sketch from Card Maps.  To form the rounded portion in the sketch, I used a part of a silver doily from my stash.  The background paper was also from my stash - as was the colored card stock I used for the card base.  I ran 3 pieces of fuzzy silver threads from my stash across the card as you can see, before adding the focal and 3 little die cut elements (all from the set).

Inside:

A simple border and die cut from the set completes the inside.

Card #5:

Here I again use a piece background from the AS.  A couple of ribbons from my stash were threaded across to form a border, and the whole was mounted on a card base created from a lavender piece of card stock from my stash.  All die cuts are from the set.  The smaller silver frame was backed with a printed vellum scrap from HOTP.  The larger frame was backed with dark purple paper from my stash and the tag greeting tucked behind it.  The focal is raised on foam tape.

Inside:

A leftover piece of the AS forms the base for the border on the inside - with another piece of the purple ribbon strung around it before it was added to the card.  The inside is completed with a small die cut greeting from the set.

Card #6:

This last card is the one you saw at the top of this post.  It is mostly a panel cut from AS.  The panel was sliced near the bottom so that a border piece (from the set) could be inserted.  Dazzle border stickers top and bottom of this help the border to stand out nicely.  The focal is "hung" with another couple of Dazzles stickers, and a sentiment from a HD Little Book of Sentiments was added at the base of it.

Inside:

Leftover scraps from the set form the borders top and bottom.

No comments: