Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, April 27, 2022

HD Floral Shimmer - Forever Be My Always

This is the last of my Hunkydory Floral Shimmer Sets!  It is called Forever Be My Always, and is quite pretty.  Here's a picture of the materials in the set:

As usual, it consists of a sheet of die cuts and two AS (Adorable Scoreable printed card stock) sheets.  In addition, I had a couple of the little sheets meant to be note cards that coordinated well with this set, so I added them:

I also supplemented with the coordinating Little Book pages as needed.

Here is a picture of the 7 cards I made using these materials:

Let's take a quick look at each individually:

Card #1:

As you can see, this first card is a slimline card.  The main card front is pieced from one of the AS sheets, and then a border strip from the set was added top and bottom.  To enlarge the heart die cut to make it stand out better as a focal, I die cut a piece of silver card stock (from my stash) using a Labels Four die from Spellbinders.  I wrapped the center with a wide ribbon from my stash before adding the die cut heart of flowers.  At the top of this piece is a greeting from an HD Little Book of Essential Greetings, and a sentiment tag from the set was added to the bottom border.  I finished by adding a butterfly from my stash.

Inside:

After some time trying to figure out what to do on the inside, I found a little book page that had roses borders similar to what was on the front of the card.  To these I added a couple foiled strips cut from the leftover scraps of the die cut sheet.

Card #2:

The background is part of an AS sheet - with another portion of the border added to the top.  A square frame serves as a bit of a mat for the focal die cut - both from the set.  The sentiment on the bottom border is also a die cut from the set.  To complete it, I added a small silver & white ribbon bow.

Inside:

Inside I simply used a few scraps from the front to make a border.

Card #3:

Next up, I cut down one of the note cards to form the background.  I really struggled with the pattern - didn't seem to work no matter what orientation - so I finally decided to cover the darkest colored flowers with the focal you see here.  I created it using a die cut rose from the kit (but not the set), a silver die cut from from the set, purple paper from my stash, and a couple sprays of silver leaves that were die cut using dies from Card Making Magic (Ultimate Number and Overlay set). To complete the card, I added a silver sentiment die cut using the set called Ultimate Words - Perfect Panels and Lovely Layers - also from Card Making Magic.

Inside:

As you can probably tell, I simply used scraps to make a couple of borders on the inside.

Card #4:

As you can probably see right away, this card uses the same sentiment cutting die with the same silver card stock as the last card did.  Once again, the panel is cut from the AS - with some of the border added to the top and silver strips between border & panel.  The focal is from the set - as is the square frame that was set on end.  As you can probably tell, I cut the corners of the frame off the sides and added them to the points.

Inside:

Scraps from the die cut sheet form the borders on the inside.

Card #5:

Once again, the card front is pieced from the AS.  I added Dazzles borders and a die cut sentiment, and that was really all this card needed.  The sentiment was cut from silver card stock using a die from Creative Expressions called Thinking of You.

Inside:

Inside I have scraps from the AS to form the borders - along with more Dazzle border stickers.

Card #6:

This next one is a fold back gate fold card with belly band which I made by scoring the card fronts of two card blanks vertically in have - and then gluing one to the other on the inside.  The score lines allowed me to fold back each side.  I first covered each side with a border/mat of silver.  I cut a piece of the AS to size - then cut it in half and attached one half to each side.  A leftover strip of the AS forms the bulk of the belly band, but since it wasn't long enough, I added a piece of silver card stock and a sentiment die cut from the set.  The silver and sentiment are attached on the left side of the belly band, but on the right side, the pink simply slips between the silver and the sentiment die cut.

Inside:

On the inside, I have a panel that could just as easily be a separate card, but I don't have a lot of occasion to give my hubby a pink card, and figured I didn't really need two! :)  The panel on the inside is cut from the second note card and the focal & sentiment are both die cuts from the set.

Card #7:

This final card starts with a background cut and pieced from AS.  Then, as you can see, I added a square frame, focal, and sentiment - all from the set.  To decorate it further, I added a lacy border using Dazzles stickers.

Inside:

Here I cut a piece from a Little Book page and matted it with silver to decorate the inside of the card.

No comments: