Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, August 31, 2024

More Holiday House

Holiday House #1: Here's a Christmas house - made using dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs Holiday House.  It took me most of the day to make it (which I suspect is why I like to have things made ahead rather than doing it as I make a card/scrapbook page).  The original die was designed to make the center section.  I chose to cut extras of the middle piece around the door to add on either side of the house to make it bigger. 

I inked various parts of the house to create some texture.  Then I colored the door frame, heart, and lights with red.  I colored the light strings and window frames with silver Sharpie, backing the windows with pieces colored with light yellow to effect light coming through them.  I covered the door frame, heart, and eaves with a clear glitter sheet and fussy cut around it.  I thought the Dazzles leaves worked great to form some small bushes & a Christmas tree in the window. Wreath is suede paper - as is the greenery in the window boxes.  Little red Dazzles complete those.  

Holiday House #2:  

This one was much more basic, as you can see.  I used the clear sticker on eaves, windows, and heart.  It's surprising, but all purple (except the roof/gingerbread) was colored with the same marker - just depended whether or not it was going over top of the clear glitter sticker.    Looking at these, I realize that both need door handles.  I probably won't come back to show the updated photo, but I will go and fix that.

No comments: