Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, August 6, 2024

KCC#10

I got a "new to me" set of Christmas 6 x 6 papers with coordinating card stock and die cuts from HOTP.  I wanted to use them for a KCC, but was tired of KCC15 and decided to go back to one I downloaded but never made up - KCC10.  Here's a picture of all 15 cards:


Next up is a closer look at each.

Card #1:

This first card started with a background panel with little embellishment in the lower left corner.  As you can see, I matted this multiple times - first dark blue, then white, then light blue, then the white card base.  I added some baker's twine, knotting it on the right side.  Above this, I layered a couple of the die cuts.  Lastly, I added some Dazzles holly backed with white card stock that I colored green - then added small red Dazzles "berries".

Card #2:

This one started with a wide patterned paper strip.  I matted this with dark blue then glued it to the light blue background.  I inked the edges of the background and glued it to the white card blank.  I added stickers to either side of the patterned paper matted strip and corner stickers to the upper left and lower right.  The focal is one of the coordinating die cuts - matted with white.

Card #3:

This time I have a patterned paper strip that forms a wide border along with a couple of narrow yellow strips - all glued to a light blue mat.  I glued this to the dark blue background before gluing it to the card blank.  I matted the other piece of patterned paper on yellow (after I die cut the sentiment from a portion that wouldn't show). I added a die cut piece to the upper left corner of the focal rectangle - to which I also added the sentiment.  Finally, I glued 3 little yellow dots to the upper right corner, and 3 corner stickers to portions of the patterned papers, before adding the gold thread bow.

Card #4:

Once again I used a blue mat to support the two pieces of patterned paper - using the lower one to mat the sentiment die cut.  I matted the focal die cut on blue, then yellow, then white.  I added a couple of yellow dots to which I added Jewel dazzles.  The final step was to add some embossed stickers - two in the upper corners, and then some border stickers around the sentiment.

Card #5:

This time I used a dark green for a background.  I embossed some lighter green panels with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder - then inked with a darker green ink before narrowly matting them on white.  For the center focal panel, I inked the edges before narrowly matting on white.  Then I matted the greeting die cut narrowly on white before adding with foam tape.  Finally, I added 3 die cut pine cones (die from a set I got in a card making magazine - set called Have a Holly Jolly Christmas) and a red bow from baker's twine as you see above.

Card #6:

Again I used the Swiss dots embossing folder for the background - this time inking it with a reddish color to coordinate with the rest of the card.  I DID modify this layout some to incorporate the sentiment I choose & let the paper do the work.  As you can see, I chose to mat my elements with both the reddish color and white. I also added a baker's twine bow from my stash.

Card #7:
This one is more or less a mirror image of the sketch - because otherwise the patterned paper would have been upside down.  After folding back the patterned paper and adding a couple of die cuts from the set, I added a little metal bow from my stash - and added Stickles for the center of it.

Card #8:

This time I embossed the green background (Ornaments Hung A2 embossing folder from Darice) - then colored the raised areas with a Gold Sharpie to create the look you see here.  Focal is a die cut from the set, matted in gold using a die from Spellbinders Scalloped Labels One.  I added a bit of baker's twine to form a bow.

Card #9:

I found this one a bit challenging given the color of the pieces.  I chose to use a mustard yellow card stock for the background.  I embossed it using a Fun Stamper's Journey embossing folder called Brocade.  I then inked the raised areas in a bit of a red color.  The tag is a die cut that matches the set.  Red Jewel Dazzles complete the card front.

Card #10:
Here I've joined 3 different papers together as per the sketch - except that I rotated it 90 degrees to form a landscape card.  The bow is die cut from glitter card stock (Spellbinders Build-a-Wreath die set) and the flowers beside the bow are die cut using Spellbinders die set called Holiday Blooms).
 
Card #11:

I turned this sketch horizontally and added my own elements on top of the background.  The white between panels of the background is a Dazzles border sticker - as is the border at the top and the Jewel Dazzles in the bottom right corner.  The focal & greetings are cutouts from this paper set.

Card #12:

This one has red border stickers between the panels, Jewel Dazzles in the upper left and lower right corners.  It also has die cut bow and greenery from Spellbinders cutting die set called Build-a-Wreath.

Card #13:

This probably would have looked better with some white border stickers, but I didn't think of it in time.  The focal greeting is one of the coordinating die cuts, finished off with baker's twine from my stash.

Card #14:
For this one, I used a stencil (The Crafter's Workshop Solace) with a light touch of red ink on the blank card front before adding the elements from the sketch.  As you can see, I matted them in red to match the red borders on the focal die cuts I layered up.  A baker's twine bow finished this card.
 
Card #15:
For this final card, I discarded the two small strips that were designed to go in a couple corners around the focal, and instead used baker's twine on each corner.  Other than that, the card follows the sketch, with wide mats of red for the elements and a narrow red mat for the background.



No comments: