Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, August 4, 2024

KCC #15 plus - from 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" mat stack

Today I'm starting another set of KCC15 cards using turquoise/green/black papers from an old DCWV mat stack called All Dressed Up.  

I chose to make a 16th card using a full panel from an extra DCWV page (see above).  I added a sentiment (Sassy's LLC) that was matted on a green glitzy paper - framed with some dazzles borders.  I added a bird cut out from my stash (which I matted on black) - and some black flowers attached to a green branch formed from the vein of a die cut leaf.

Here's a picture of all 15 KCC cards:

KCC15 #1:

As you can see, after gluing the triangles in place, I used black strips to border each.  I then took another piece of the turquoise print and cut the focal piece - which I matted on white and black.  I added Jewel Dazzles - and a diamond shaped innie from Jewel Border Dazzles.  A Sassy's LLC strip sentiment, matted on black, completed the card.

KCC15 #2:

 
For this one, because I was using 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 paper, I didn't have enough to cut 4 strips that were 1" wide.  I DID, however, have enough to cut 3 and then cut two 1/2" wide strips - so that's what I did!  Then it was a quick card to make.  I used a light aqua colored card base, matted the strips on a piece of black, and glued it in place.  Then, I matted a Sassy's LLC greeting on aqua and then black (the black was die cut with a Spellbinders die from the Splendid Circles set.  A piece of ribbon tied with a loose knot completed the card.

KCC15 #3:

After cutting white, aqua, and black mats with dies (Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Oval, Kat Scrappiness Double Stitched Ovals), I added an assembled die cut car (Spellbinders Gnome Drive Holiday). The sentiment is one my Mom created with her stamp/die set.  I used a fine-line black pen over top of the letters & inked the edges before adding it to the card front.

KCC15 #4:

Again I used a light aqua card blank.  I added a black ribbon between the two patterned papers before I matted it on black and glued it in place.  I added a matted Sassy's LLC greeting & some balloons created from Spellbinders Up in the Air View set of cutting dies.  For the silver one, I colored it with silver Sharpie marker & silver glittered embossing powder.

KCC15 #5:

This time I used a glittery teal card blank.  I think it made a beautiful backdrop for this card.  If I had been smart, I'd have inked the edges of the circles in black, but I didn't think of it until too late.  Anyway, the flowers are die cut from Spellbinders set Be Bold Blooms.  The sentiment is from Sassy's LLC with edge inked with distress ink.

KCC15 #6:

This was a pretty straightforward following of the sketch.  After matting the background with black and gluing it in place, I inked the edges of the circle mat before adding it and the white circle.  I added the 3 pink flowers (Spellbinders Garden Builder dies).  The sentiment is one that was stamped & die cut from a set of my Mom's.  I wanted a black ribbon bow, but didn't have narrow ribbon in that color, so took a silver one & colored it with a black Sharpie before making the bow.

KCC15 #7:

Again, I pretty well followed the sketch, but this time I started with a turquoise glittered card blank.  The green mat was from my stash (scallop at bottom was cut using my Fiskar's cutter).  As you can see, I matted everything with black.  The sentiment is one of Sassy's, which I colored with distress oxide ink.  Again I wanted a black bow so decided to cut one from paper since I didn't have the appropriate ribbon.  I finished it off with teal Jewel Dazzles.

KCC15 #8:


Because of the colors in this one, I reversed the order of the large flags from the sketch, so the teal would be at the bottom. As you can see, I started with a silver glitter card base and inked the edges of the flags.  The circle was cut with a die from Kat Scrapiness Double Stitched Circles.  The tree was created using dies from Spellbinders Backyard Haven.  Unfortunately, after I got it glued to the card I realized that I really needed to change the colors of the leaves - and didn't do as good a job as I would have liked with that, but thankfully it's not that noticeable IRL. The sentiment is another of Sassy's - which I matted in black.  The last thing I did was to add white Jewel Dazzles to the small upper flag - along with a black line sticker.

KCC15 #9:


This time I chose to use Dazzles to decorate this card.  The card base is silver glitter.  The black mats & flag is glimmer paper.  The sentiment is Sassy's and the rest are black Dazzles bordered with silver and backed with white card stock.

KCC15 #10:

Such a simple card, but I like it quite well.  The two patterned pieces are laid out as per the sketch.  I added a light blue mat and used the same light blue and a ribbon as border.  I added some White Thin Line Dazzles on the edges, then matted the Sassy's sentiment with two die cut mats (both Spellbinders: blue is from Splendid Circles, white is from Teardrop Circles).

KCC15 #11:

Here I added a light blue background & mat for download sentiment from Debbi Moore.  I simply finished it with teal Jewel Dazzles.

KCC15 #12:

This time, my search through my stash uncovered this gem encrusted kitty which I decided would make a good focal for this card.  As you can see, I used a white card blank and matted my papers with light blue.  The sentiment is one that was stamped and die cut from a sentiment set my Mother has.

KCC15 #13:

This card and the next are great sketches for using several patterned papers together - both cards follow the sketches fairly closely.  For this card, I used a teal glitter card blank and white mats.  The sentiment was a stamp/die of my Mom's.  The kite was from my stash.  The green of the kite was a little too yellow, but a touch of distress oxide ink fixed that.

KCC15 #14:

I thought this Sassy's sentiment was perfect for this layout.  I may add a strip sentiment on the strip below when I know who my recipient will be.  As you can see, I used light blue mats - embossing the main one with Cuttlebug's Dotted Swiss.  The mat for the sentiment was punched from a paper that had alcohol inks added.

KCC15 #15:


I must admit that this last sketch isn't my favorite.  This time I made it as a dress with lacy collar.  I used Dazzles stickers for the "buttons", neckline, and necklace.

No comments: