Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, November 12, 2022

Last 4 LB Cards for Aunt

I've been working on birthday cards for an Aunt who requested some - mostly using Hunkydory Little Book (LB) pages.  Today I have 4 more - the last for LB page cards I plan to make before mailing these to her.  Here's a picture of the LB pages that I used:

All but the cat are from the Little Book of Perfect Planet.  The cat is from the Little Book of Memorable Moments.  Here's a picture of the 4 cards I made:


Now for a closer look at each card:

Card #1:

This shadow box card was very simple.  For instructions on making this card, check here.  However, the basic card is made with 2 pieces of 5 x 7 card stock scored at 1/2" and 1" on each side - and folded as you see in the picture above.  After adding gold pieces that were cut just a little smaller than the front & sides, I die cut the center hole using a HOTP die called 8 Squares & Scallops.   Next, the two pieces were glued together in just the outside 1/2 area after gluing the tiger picture to the inside piece.  A greeting from a Hunkydory Little Book of Sentiments added to the lower right corner completes the card.

Card #2a (slimline): I actually made 5 cards this time.  With the wolf LB page, I first made this slimline card - before remembering that a slimline card wouldn't fit inside the box I was planning to use to mail the cards to my Aunt!

For this card I used a sheet from the coordinating papers & inserts pack.  I simply cut off a 4" slice of that paper, then cut the border off top & bottom and glued it to the top & bottom of the card front.  Next, I trimmed the LB page to fit and glued it in the center between the two to form the card focal.  Next I found some slimline Border Dazzles and added them just above & below the focal.  Then I added a fussy cut greeting from my stash (a Debbi Moore freebie).

Inside:

I took the leftover bit of coordinating paper that I had from the card front & used it and some scraps of blue from my stash to create borders top & bottom of the inside of the card.  I then added some Dazzles scraps to complete the borders.  The "Yippee!" stamp came from a HOTP set called Birthday Greetings.  The other was one of my Mom's stamps.

Card #2b (replacement card using an identical LB page.  This card will fit in the box for mailing!):

I started by seeing how narrow I could slim down the LB page so that I knew how wide I wanted that portion of the card to be.  Then I did the cuts and score lines and folded the base card as you see in the photo (basic instructions for making a side step card can be found here).

After gluing the focal in place, I started trying to figure out what to do on the step side.  I started by using some of the coordinating paper I used on the last card.  You can see that I cut it so that the first and third steps had border on them.  I stamped the word "Yippee!" on the bottom step (same stamp set as used on the last card).  Then I cut a piece of dark blue card stock to fit on the highest step so that it lined up with the top of the focal when folded & glued in place.  A smaller piece of white card stock formed a place for another stamped message (another of my Mom's stamps).  After staring at the middle step for awhile, I decided to use a stamp from Heartfelt Creations (Woodsy Critters) to stamp 3 small coyotes (hopefully similar enough to wolves!).  After coloring them with an Inktense pencil & water, I cut them with the matching dies and added two to the middle step.

Inside:

Inside I added the 3rd little critter & a stamped message (one of my Mom's stamps).

Card #3:

The front of this card is similar to one I already made - plaid background paper, a die cut green mat (Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles) backed by a black rectangle, the LB page cut down to size with corners rounded, and the die cut birthday greeting from the green (Stacked Happy Birthday by Creative Expressions).

Inside:

Inside I used scraps of the plaid to form borders & fussy cut several pieces of clover for decorations.  The stamped sentiment was made using another one of my Mom's stamps.

Card #4:

This last card is quite simple.  I die cut the horse & the frame using Spellbinders dies from the Radiant Rectangles set.  This was backed on a bit of plain blue with it's corners rounded.  I rounded the corners on the card itself, and fussy cut a freebie greeting from Debbi Moore before adding it with foam tape.

Inside:

As you can see, I added another die cut gold frame - with a piece of the blue for the center. 

No comments: