Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, November 29, 2022

5 Years Old & More

Again, I have several new pages - and most use HOTP papers - I'll say otherwise when they come from some place else.  You can see the first two in a double page spread above.  Each page was loosely based on a separate page sketch.  Now for a closer look at each.

Page 1:

Here I've added a couple of pieces of patterned paper strips to a plain lavender background (card stock from my stash).  The bow is fussy cut from a freebie printout.  The flowers are layered from a scrapbook kit in my stash.  The title is die cut from a leftover dark purple border piece.  

Page 2:

Here we have similar supplies as that used on the previous page - along with a checked patterned paper.  The dark purple border piece is from the scrapbook kit, backed with a lavender strip from my stash.

Page 3:

This page is really simple - a background page, multiple matted focal photo, die cut title & embellishments (Spellbinder's Ironwork Motifs and Doily Lace Accents).

Page 4:

The background paper is a freebie print, and plain card stock from my stash.  The tags are from a Finished in a Flash Scrapbooking set (Baby Boy).  The title is stickers from my stash, and journaling used a fine line marker.  The shaped brads are from HOTP.

Page 5 & 6:

This dual page layout started with the blue patterned paper from HOTP.  The red is the handmade paper from Costco years ago.  The dark blue mat is also HOTP paper.  The journaling block started with stickers from my stash and then was written with a fine line marker.  The other sentiments and embellishments are all cut outs from a Debbi Moore freebie.  Here's a closer look at each page.

Page 5:

Page 6:

Page 7: 

Since I already had the drawers of Christmas decorations and papers out, I decided to go ahead and work on the pages for Christmas 1989 - the last Christmas in this 2nd book of Amy.  This page is loosely based on a sketch posted on a message board I frequent.  The background paper is red glimmer paper.  The red and white stripe is a scrap of HOTP paper from my stash.  The mat for the photo is white glimmer paper - die cut with a Cheery Lynn Reflections die called Celtic Chain Rectangle.  The black and white paper and the journaling block come from a 6 x 6 book of Christmas Papers (don't remember who made them).  Once again, the  title sentiment and embellishments are cutouts from a Debbi Moore freebie.  I finished the page with dazzles.  White Border Dazzles frame the page, and red Jewel Dazzles replace the berries in the various embellishments.

Page #8:

This time the base page is a plain white, but red glimmer paper forms borders top and bottom. After adding the pictures, I added border dazzles and some stockings from a sticker book in my stash.  The title is stickers from my stash, and 3 red stocking brads finish the page - except for the journaling I did with a fine line marker.

Page #9:

Here's a quick page put together about her first day of kindergarten.  The background is a page designed to look like a blackboard (greenboard) with cat drawn on it.  An alphabet border and blackboard decoration from my stash, add to the two pictures.  A small arrow-label of yellow with journaling completes the page.

Page #10:

Another quick page - this time it's pre-school graduation.  The papers are old HOTP patterns.  The title and streamers are stickers from my stash.  

Page #11:

I was inspired by a sketch for this page, though I strayed quite a way from it by the time I was done with it.  The background is a marbled creamy card stock from my stash.  Then I cut a frame of the print.  As you can see, I also cut a couple of layers of a flower (Spellbinders Blossom Five and Carnation Creations) from the print and one layer from the cream.  I also used the print to die cut the title.  The border strip is a narrow washi tape, and the flower is held together by a large circular brad. I printed the journaling with a fine black marker.

No comments: