Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, May 10, 2020

Merry & Bright ACK Part 3


Today I'm back working on the ACK (Artful Card Kit) called Merry & Bright (HOTP).  

Card #1: (pictured above)

Of the three cards I made today, I think this first one is my favorite.  It's a cut-away card where you can see the inside of the card peeking out where the card front has been cut away.  The cutaway shape was created by using a HOTP template from the set called Design Tool Kit #1.  The papers, focal, and tag for the greeting were all in the kit, but I added stamping and coloring to the focal & tag.  The focal is a stamp from the October 2019 Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine - set called Christmas Cuties. I stamped it in black (VersaFine) and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I colored the image using my Scroll & Brush markers & a water brush - embossing between colors with clear powder since I was coloring on a glossy surface and didn't want the colors to smear or run.  The sentiment was stamped & embossed in the same way using a stamp from a HOTP bulk stamp set I got a long time ago - but is also a part of their Christmas Words set. (I ended up going over the embossing with a black Sharpie since I wanted a bold black color and for some reason stamping on top of the green background dulled the black ink I used for stamping.) The focal is matted on a white mat die cut with a Spellbinders die from the set called Decorative Labels Twenty-Two.

Inside:

Inside are more of the papers, a couple more die cuts from the kit.  Once again I used a stamp (Christmas Vintage Labels One from JustRite) with black ink & heat embossing to add the sentiment - once again enhancing the letters with a black Sharpie marker.

Card #2:

Here I used an embossing folder & ink to create the background.  The embossing folder (Snowflake Swirl by Darice) was only an A2 size, so I used it twice - side by side - to emboss the whole card front on this 5" x 6.5" card.  The focal is from the kit, but I stamped the image (another stamp from Christmas Cuties) and colored it with my Scroll & Brush markers.  The embellishments top and bottom are die cuts from the kit, but the were from a long border piece which I cut apart.  The sentiment is hand lettered on a tag that was cut using a die from Bonjour Paris (Sizzix). As I look at it, I think it might be better to go back over the letters with a black pen.

Inside:

Inside the paper, sentiment, and embellishments are all straight from the kit, except that the embellishments were cut from the long border strip.

Card #3:

This card is shaped using another HOTP template - this one from Design Tool Kit #2 (after I first glued the paper to the card front (paper from the kit). The focal is a die cut from the kit, but I stamped, embossed, and colored the deer (as I did on the 1st card) using a HOTP Small Stamp called Small Reindeer.   This is matted on a piece of gold poster board cut with a Spellbinders Gold Labels Four die.  The sentiment is as it came from the kit, but I matted it on red.

Inside:

I don't usually completely fill the inside of the card like I did here.  The tree is a stamp from the same bulk stamp set/Christmas Words set from HOTP.  I colored it with my Scroll & Brush markers, and with an Inktense pencil (without water this time).  The sentiment is a die cut from the kit, but I added the stamped/embossed greeting (also from Christmas Words).

No comments: