Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Flight of the Butterflies - Sky Blue Topaz Flutter & Sky Blue Wonder Part 2


As promised, here are the last 6 cards made from the HD Flight of the Butterflies Jeweled Edition card kit - bringing the total to more than 47 - probably about 60 in total when you count the cards I had made before starting on this Flight of the Butterflies marathon.  I know I had made 9 concept cards and there were several pieces missing from the sheets indicating individual cards made at other times.  If I made 4 cards in addition to the concept cards before starting on this set in earnest, those, added to the 47 I've made this go-round brings the total to 60!!!!  That's a lot of cards from one set (of course I supplement with my own supplies).

Card #1: Anyway, for this first card I decided to do an inlaid panel.  Using the Scroll Panel from the Leaf and Scroll Panel die set by Simply Made Crafts, I simply cut into the front edge of the card front.  I backed this with a piece of card stock that was blue-green on the front & white on the back (so it doesn't look out of place from the inside - card stock from an 8" x 8" pad from HOTP).  On the front, I added a strip of AS ("Adorable Scoreable coordinating card stock from the set) backed with gold poster board.  Next I added a couple of die cuts from the set, a butterfly sticker from my stash, and a die-cut button (Nellies Multi-Flower die set) "sewed" on with gold thread.

Inside:

Inside I have more of the AS, a thin border of gold poster board, and another die cut from the set.

Card #2:

This card started out with much promise, but didn't turn our quite as nice as I envisioned.  The side borders are card stock coated with Lavender Blue Opal Polish (by Cosmic Shimmer). The darker teal is plain paper - which turned out to be too plain, so I added a bit of interest with some Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass) and a Stampscapes stamp (Pearly Everlasting).  I added Border Dazzles, a couple of die cuts from the set, and a couple of butterflies from my stash.

Inside:

Inside I have more of the opal polish covered card stock & a die cut.

Card #3:

By this time I guess I was getting a bit bored as I put together this unusual card.   The background is a piece of AS with a butterfly border & black inked edges.  I took a round frame from the set & cut it in half.  Overlapping the two pieces gave me a perfect place for this butterfly focal.  The butterfly is from my stash but came in orange - which didn't go well.  So, I took some Sharpie pens and colored in some teal & red on its wings.  The sentiment was from the Little Book of Essential Greetings (Pearl 2016).  I modified it as well.  It was too white - stood out on the card more than looked good.  So I added some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to it to tone it down a tad.

Inside:

Inside I have more of the AS & a couple more die cuts.

Card #4:

When I got ready to make this card, I pulled in a background I had created with alcohol inks.  It looks like it was MADE to go with this set!  (It's the lighter colored background on the right-hand side - both on the card front & on the inside.)  I started with a small piece of AS with three pretty butterflies on the left - then finished with the hand made background.  Though the join looked really good, I thought it looked even better with a Border Dazzles on it.  The focal & sentiment are die cuts from the kit, but I matted the sentiment on a tag-shaped piece of gold poster board (die cut with Spellbinders Renaissance Jeweled Frame die set).  A few Jewel Dazzles completed the card front.

Inside:

Inside I have more of the AS on the left & my hand-made background on the right.  A strip of gold poster board & a die cut sentiment complete the left side.  On the right I added a butterfly from my stash.

Card #5:

This card again uses that hand-made alcohol ink background - paired with another piece of the AS from the kit.  After inking the edges, I used a see-through black ribbon, thin strip of teal paper, and narrow Border Dazzzle to create a border to which I added my sentiment die cut.  The focal was matted on another piece of the teal paper - die cut with a Spellbinder's die (Picot Edge Circle).  Two little tails of black ribbon complete the focal & card front.

Inside:

I decided to use the scrap of teal paper as it was - with the hole left from cutting out the mat for the card front.  I glued this to more of the hand-made background, and attached a piece of the AS at the bottom - inking the edges before gluing.  The hole created the perfect framed effect for the die cut sentiment (from the kit).

Card #6:

This last card was made using a craft colored card base.  I cut a frame from gold poster board to frame the background AS.  Then I added a round frame to highlight the die cut focal.  The tag is from the essential book of sentiments (Hunkydory) and had a small gold bow tied to it.  A few Jewel Dazzles in the lower right corner complete the card front.

Inside:

Here you see the craft colored card base - a strip of AS backed with gold poster board for a border, and a little butterfly made from die cut scraps from the kit & gold Jewel Dazzles for the body.  

So, there are the last 6 cards from this kit.  I did a good job of using up scraps & have a LOT of butterfly cards now.  They should last me awhile!

No comments: