Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Flight of the Butterflies - Sky Blue Topaz Flutter & Sky Blue Wonder


Today I was back to making cards from the Flight of the Butterflies Jeweled Edition by Hunkydory.  I'm nearing the end of this card kit - just have these aqua colored sets to work through - called Sky Blue Topaz Flutter and Sky Blue Wonder (for concept card) sets.  

Card #1: (above)
 
This first card makes use of some of the AS (Adorable Scoreable card stock) that came with the set.  The border was printed directly on the AS.  I backed the panel with a gold poster board mat.  The focal is a die cut from the set that was matted on a piece of gold poster board that had been die cut with a Spellbinder's die (Splendid Circles).  The greeting is also from the set - added with a bow from my stash.

Inside:

Inside I used a scrap of coordinating paper from my stash & matted it in gold for a border.  The greeting inside is matted on a gold die cut made using another Spellbinder's die (Radiant Rectangles).

Card #2:

I found this particular piece of AS rather challenging to use.  Since it had the look of torn paper printed on it, I added some paper tearing myself (the green with black torn edge - card stock from HOTP) to form a bit of a border.  The large butterfly is fussy cut from one of the concept card panels.  The greeting is die cut from gold poster board using a die from A2 Stitched Rectangles Dots & Stars by Crafti Potential. The other two butterflies are stickers from my stash.

Inside:

Inside is more of the same - this time with the outer frame cut away from the butterfly that was used on the outside.  This frame was backed by a background created from a piece of glossy card stock sprayed with teal & gold glimmer mists.  The greeting is stamped using a JustRite stamp from Grand Sentiments, then heat embossed in gold.  Another butterfly from my stash completes the inside.

Card #3:

This third card is mostly created from a piece of AS, but I wanted some black on the left side as well as the right.  I tore a piece to add there & matted the whole on gold poster board.  Then I added a thin strip of the gold to add to the border.  The greeting/focal came from the kit, but I matted it on a piece of corrugated card (from HOTP) that was die cut with a Labels Twenty-Eight (Spellbinders).

Inside:

Inside I made borders from scraps of the background used for the front of the card.

Card #4:

This card uses more of the HOTP card stock for the card base.  It didn't score well - some unwanted tearing - so I wrapped it with washi tape forming a border.  I used more to create a border at the bottom.  The focal is one of the pieces from the concept card.  The sentiment is from a Hunkydory Little Book of Essential Greetings. 

Inside:

Inside is more of the card stock for a border, with washi tape.  The rest of the background is a piece of white card stock that has been coated with Lavender Blue Opal Polish (Cosmic Shimmer).  I finished by adding a butterfly sticker from my stash.

Card #5:

Card number five uses the last of the concept card pieces - a frame & a full butterfly in frame - which I used to create a shaker card focal.  For the background, I found a piece of card stock that was similar in color, but I wanted to pull in other colors from the focal as well.  So, I embossed the card stock with a Spellbinder's M-Bossability folder called Venetian and then added some distress ink to the raised areas (Pine Needles and Antique Linen) using a round foam applicator. Finally, I added a butterfly from my stash and a greeting from the Hunkydory Essential Greetings book.

Inside:

Inside is more of the embossed card stock and another butterfly from my stash.

Adding these 5 cards to the previous ones made from Flight of the Butterflies brings our total to 41 (which doesn't count 2 or 3 cards made before I started to focus on using this set).  You'd think this kit would be all gone, but it's not.  I expect to get 6 more cards from this turquoise set!  We'll see if that's the way it works out when I make and post the final cards from this set.

No comments: