Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, May 7, 2020

Merry & Bright ACK Part 2


Back to the Merry and Bright ACK (Artful Card Kit - HOTP), we decided to work with the elements that have the greenish pattern that you see on the Christmas tree.  My first card for this one uses so many elements from other things that you can hardly tell it's from the ACK, but I LOVE the way it turned out!  I learned a lot on the last window card I made, and that really helped me here.

Card #1: For the card front, in addition to the elements from the kit (bicycle die cut and glimpses of stuff that are on the inside), I used the following: Mini Bricks stencil (The Crafters Workshop), Child at Fence Fronts-N-Backs (Art Impressions), Spellbinders D-Lites Window 2, Tim Holtz Happy Holidays: Script dies, Raspberry Sorbet Luster Polish (Cosmic Shimmer), Inktense pencils, Watercolor pencil.

Inside:

When you open the card you see the little girl peeking in the window to see this cosy scene.  The red & white patterned paper and Christmas tree are from the ACK.  The little girl and window are the same as used for the card front.  For the rest I used: Cosy Fireplace embossing folder & stamps from Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine Vol 174, Stampscapes stamp & Iced Spruce Distress Oxide Ink for the carpet, Inktense pencils and water brush to color the various pieces before cutting them out and placing them in the scene.  White card stock for embossing the fireplace, craft knife for cutting, black card stock for inside fireplace.

Here are closeups of the inside of the card:



Card #2:

Here I had just a couple of frames to work with from the set (I saved one for the inside). Since the frame had musical notes, I started thinking of singing and decided to add a cardinal (HOTP Dazzles - I used black marker for the eye & yellow marker for the beak).  The rectangular frame was leftover from a Hunkydory kit and I decided to add it.  The greeting is Dazzles on a die-cut label (HOTP - 9 Tiny Tags & Little Labels), matted on gold poster board.  This was all set on an embossed background (embossed card front using 5X7 Entwined Holly folder from Crafter's Companion) and colored the raised areas with two colors of ink (Peeled Paint distress oxide ink & Mowed Lawn distress ink).

Inside: 

This second frame had a blue print center & I didn't think it went very well - so I cut it out using one of my basic circle dies.  I stamped the sentiment (from JustRite's Christmas Vintage Labels One) directly on the card & heat embossed with clear powder - then added the frame & cardinal (another Dazzles sticker - backed with green glimmer paper so the leaves are green).

Card #3:

For this card I first embossed the card front using an embossing folder from Crafter's Companion (Scattered Holly 5X7).  I opted to leave it white this time.  I added border, sentiment & stocking die cuts from the kit, and finished it with a bit of holly berry stickers & leaves in the bottom right corner (Dazzles)

Inside:


Inside is more of the same border and a couple more greetings from the set.  A scrap of paper forms a border at the bottom.  The stocking was an extra made and not used in the first card (Cosy Fireplace set from a Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine).

Card #4:
For this card, all but the card base & black border strips were from the kit - a quick and easy card.  I inked the edges of the background paper & then simply added black card stock & the die cuts from the kit.

Inside:

Card #5:


Another quick and easy card, here I simply inked the edges of the background paper before gluing it to the card base.  Then added a bunch of die cuts and cut outs from the kit.  The greeting on the dark red tag was stamped and heat embossed with white powder (stamp from HOTP Happy Elf Small Stamp).

Inside:


Inside is more paper with inked edges and another couple of die cuts.

Card #6:

The last card in this set is another really quick card, made quite similar to the last one.  Inked edged background paper has a red ribbon attached for a border.  Two die cuts were put together to form the focal, and a cut out greeting added (all from the kit).  I DID add a few Jewel Dazzles (HOTP) to finish it.

Inside:

Once again, the inside is much the same - background paper, die cut, and Jewel Dazzles.

So, we have 6 more cards from this ACK, for a total of 10 cards so far - and still more elements in the kit.

No comments: