Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Napkin Xmas #10


These cards are really from two napkins - one larger, one smaller, with similar artwork on both.  This first card is an extra large one - 8 1/2" by 5 1/2".  In addition to the napkin (matted on the red glimmer paper), there is a piece of embossed glimmer paper (Cuttlebug 5" x 7" embossing folder called African Weave).  

The decoration over the embossed paper sort of evolved.  It started with a border strip die cut with a die from Spellbinder's Holly Accents & Motifs. I cut a piece off of the strip to form a border along the bottom.  Then I cut a narrow piece of the card stock thinking to form a tag.  Another piece from the die-cut border strip seemed to make a nice embellishment on one end.  However, I couldn't figure out where to put a tag that looked good.  SO, I kept playing around with it & suddenly realized if I placed it in the border it looked a bit like a candle!  After adding a tag to it (Hunkydory Essential book of Greetings) - along with a ribbon from my stash, I found I liked the look.


This next card was a standard 5"x7" really straight forward: cut napkin to size, run a piece of ribbon across the bottom to create a border, and add a ribbon bow.


Feeling the last card was a bit plain, I wanted to do a bit better with this second 5" x7" card. I started with a green embossed piece (Imperial M-Bossabilities).  I fussy cut around the bird on the napkin piece and removed the printed napkin border.  The remaining piece wasn't large enough, so I added another piece on the right-hand side and covered the join area with a border (piece of red glimmer paper left over from the 1st card with a piece of cream ribbon from my stash).

The greeting is a Spellbinder's Happy Holidays cutting die.  I cut the die from the red glimmer paper.  Next, I drew around the die on cream colored paper & fussy cut it to create a mat.  Next, I created a green mat using "magic matter" to draw around the cream piece and then fussy cut it.


This final card is an A2 size.  I matted a piece of napkin on red glimmer paper and glued it to the card front.  The border was created by cutting a piece of cream colored card stock with a Sue Wilson die called Snowflake Mini Striplet and matting it on the red glimmer paper.  The greeting is stamped with a JustRite stamp (Deck the Halls) on a die cut (from Spellbinders Holly Accents & Motifs) matted on red glimmer paper.

No comments: