Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, April 23, 2019

A couple more Bible Journaling pages


This first page was done with Inktense pencils.  I found an illustration I thought might work for what I envisioned & traced it (using Inktense pencils) onto my page.  

However, that turned out to be an example of WHAT NOT TO DO!  When I was FINISHED tracing, I went looking for the verse I was highlighting and realized I had traced the illustration onto the WRONG PAGE!!!!  The page I had prepped with gesso and that I intended to put the illustration on was a page back!!!  I erased as well as I could - which basically means it's a lighter color but still visible - before turning to the correct page and tracing it all over again.  I'm not sure what will happen with the other page - especially since it doesn't have gesso on it.  I just don't know what's going to happen when I try to do something on that page. 

So, back to my actual page, I didn't actually have the heart to re-trace that image right away, so set it aside for the next time.  When that time came, I traced with the colors I wanted (Inktense) & then blended with a water brush from there into the illustration to blend it out and color the picture. I added the larger words with stickers, the smaller ones with Pitt pens.  The meaning of this illustration may not be immediately apparent, so if you wish, you can check out my Cher-ing Daily Bread blog to see what it means to me.

Here's the next page I did.  I'm wondering if something like this will work for covering up the mistakes on the earlier page???

For this page I painted a transparent wash over the background (no gesso).  It's a little harder to read the words than I had hoped but not too bad.  The yellow was a yellow acrylic paint, highlighting the verses I was working to illustrate.

The green and black words are stickers, and the tent is something I printed from the internet and just glued in place.  The word Faith was stamped with StazOn onto my page & then colored in with gold lame' Smooch ink.

The meaning of this one may also be less apparent.  You're welcome to check out my discussion of it on my other blog.

No comments: