Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, April 12, 2019

Napkin Xmas #6

Using up the 6th napkin, I made 4 cards.  

FIRST CARD (above): 
  • Background - I rounded the corners of a piece of the napkin & then inked the edges before rounding the corners of the card itself & gluing the background in place.
  • Focal - Starting with a mat of turquoise card stock, I added a sticker (first put on white card stock & then fussy cut) to it.  Next came some die cut words for the sentiment.  Then a bunch of mylar snowflakes from my stash.
SECOND CARD:


  • Background  - I inked the edges of the napkin piece & added a scrap stripe from the same napkin.
  • Focal - I started with a die cut (Spellbinders Ornament) which I shaded a bit using the die as a stencil and matted it on turquoise card stock.  Then I stamped the Snowman & sentiment using stamps from the HOTP Snowman small stamp.
THIRD CARD:

  • Background - This one is my least favorite.  I added border strips from the border of the napkin & I'm not sure how well it goes. 
  • Focal - HOTP Snowglobe small stamp - colored with markers scribbled on craft mat and added with water brush.
  • Sentiment - HOTP label die - looks kind of like a cloud!  The sentiment is from the same small stamp set.  
  • Finishing - 3 star stickers finish the lower right hand corner.
 FOURTH CARD:


This napkin was another that had a picture on one corner with more of a background pattern on the remaining 3/4 of the napkin.  Obviously this card is mostly the corner picture of the napkin.  I inked the edges in black.  I die-cut the word joy & colored it turquoise, adding a snowflake for the "dot" of the "j".

No comments: