Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Anniversary Card from Scraps

Today's card started as a bit of a challenge to myself.  My SIL had come over and we'd been working on making cards from an old HOTP Paper Flair Kit.  Part of the process for her card involved cutting a heart shape out of the front of her gate-fold card and then replacing it with printed acetate.  It was a lovely card when she was finished.  After she left, I was looking at the bits left over from that card kit.  There were a few small tags & labels, and those red heart cut-outs from her card.  I decided to see what I could do with them to make a card of my own. 

I started with those leftover red heart pieces.  Since the heart was already cut in half, I decided to make a gate fold card.  I really liked the look of the red against white, but it was a bit plain.  So I embossed the front flaps of the gate fold card.  I glued the red heart pieces on that and then outlined them with a sparkling black and silver border sticker (Dazzles - HOTP).  I added labels top and bottom.  The bottom one already had the sentiment, but the top one was stamped with a JustRite stamp.

The card still looked a bit plain, however, so my Mom suggested I add a smaller overlapping heart in the center.  I thought of my lovely Paper Artist heart die (HOTP).  I cut it from black paper and backed it with silver glimmer paper (DCWV). It was just the right touch and really pulled everything together.

Then it was time for the inside.


A simple piece of white matted on red covered the original fold line and set the inside off nicely.  The leftover tags & a bit of ribbon added the right finishing touch.