Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, October 27, 2018

A Very Merry Christmas - Christmas Cottage Part 2

After having made 4 cards that had this cottage picture, I was starting to get tired of it (I get bored very quickly!).  Sooooo, I went looking for ideas to help make these next three cards more interesting.  

This first card was the result of a challenge on the PaperWishers Message Board.  We were to use tape - either a decorative tape like Washi tape, or a plain tape to which we added some sort of technique to make it less plain.  I was reminded of a technique I'd done a long time ago with masking tape. I didn't have masking tape, and I took the technique a bit farther than I'd done before, so here is what I did.

I took some brown packing tape (from U-Haul), tore it into little pieces, and covered the front of my card.  Then I took some red ink, and rubbed it all over using a round blending tool (Tim Holtz).  I followed that up with black distress ink - added the same way.  Now the card was covered with ink that was wet and too likely to wipe off.  So, I covered the whole with clear embossing powder and embossed the whole thing.  This gave me a very interesting background for my card:


As you can see from the first picture, when it was time to finish the card, I decided to turn the card the other way for a vertical card.  I cut a white square and used a Spellbinders Die (Fleur De Lis Squares) to cut out the center to form a frame for my focal.  Some ribbon & a greeting from the "Essential book" and I was finished with the front of the card.  (Note: all of these cards have the inside finished, but I don't have pictures of those here.)


As I was searching for inspiration, I came across a couple of cards made by ScrapbookingStation.  I loved the way she took a large focal and set it at an angle on top of another piece of patterned paper with ribbon/bow.   I decided to try something similar. for this one.


This final card in this post was inspired by another challenge on the PaperWishers Message Board.  This one was a sketch challenge using a sketch found on Pintrest.  I used Spellbinders Scalloped Oval die & a regular oval die to cut and mat the focal for this one.  That's seven cards so far from this set - and I'm not done with HALF of the set!


No comments: